Win Video Starts/Restarts or Jumps Around
I was hoping to get some help. I have been running XBMC on my HTPC with Shark007 codecs for a while. All was running fine on Windows 7. I did a clean install with Windows 8 and with the same XBMC settings and the latest Shark007 codecs I am having a problem. When a video first starts, the video will play for a few seconds and then it will restart. I have also had it skip forward a few times now. I keep trying but I can't make this go away. I don't want to have to re-image my PC back to Win 7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
(2012-11-06, 21:25)pbmpharmacist Wrote: I was hoping to get some help. I have been running XBMC on my HTPC with Shark007 codecs for a while. All was running fine on Windows 7. I did a clean install with Windows 8 and with the same XBMC settings and the latest Shark007 codecs I am having a problem. When a video first starts, the video will play for a few seconds and then it will restart. I have also had it skip forward a few times now. I keep trying but I can't make this go away. I don't want to have to re-image my PC back to Win 7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to forums Big Grin

You already answered the question to your problem, so revert your whatever shark codecs to previous version and your done.

uNi
(2012-11-06, 22:01)uNiversal Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 21:25)pbmpharmacist Wrote: I was hoping to get some help. I have been running XBMC on my HTPC with Shark007 codecs for a while. All was running fine on Windows 7. I did a clean install with Windows 8 and with the same XBMC settings and the latest Shark007 codecs I am having a problem. When a video first starts, the video will play for a few seconds and then it will restart. I have also had it skip forward a few times now. I keep trying but I can't make this go away. I don't want to have to re-image my PC back to Win 7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to forums Big Grin

You already answered the question to your problem, so revert your whatever shark codecs to previous version and your done.

uNi

Pointless
XBMC doesn't use external codecs
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just took all the Shark codecs off and installed LAV filters only. Video still skips around.
If like Martijn said xbmc doesnt use any external codecs its no point adding any filters either because it not gonna do a bit of difference and probably messes things up.

Your going to have to post a debug.log and probably upgrade your xbmc to a newer version, since its windows hate, not that I know anything about windows + xbmc.so my buck stops here.

uNi
basically we don't support win 8 officially so if there problems you will have to wait
(2012-11-06, 22:17)Martijn Wrote: basically we don't support win 8 officially so if there problems you will have to wait

OK. I can re-image to Win 7.
(2012-11-06, 22:14)uNiversal Wrote: If like Martijn said xbmc doesnt use any external codecs its no point adding any filters either because it not gonna do a bit of difference and probably messes things up.

Your going to have to post a debug.log and probably upgrade your xbmc to a newer version, since its windows hate, not that I know anything about windows + xbmc.so my buck stops here.

uNi

By the way, external codecs must matter. For example, I tried decoding HD audio with Shark007 or LAV and it doesn't work.

Back to Win 7... for now!
It doesn't matter for xbmc and ANY xbmc version IIRC prior to having AE will not do HD audio

uNi
(2012-11-06, 22:20)pbmpharmacist Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 22:17)Martijn Wrote: basically we don't support win 8 officially so if there problems you will have to wait

OK. I can re-image to Win 7.
(2012-11-06, 22:14)uNiversal Wrote: If like Martijn said xbmc doesnt use any external codecs its no point adding any filters either because it not gonna do a bit of difference and probably messes things up.

uNi

By the way, external codecs must matter. For example, I tried decoding HD audio with Shark007 or LAV and it doesn't work.

Back to Win 7... for now!

Repeat : XBMC does not use external codecs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Starts/Restarts or Jumps Around0