Brave a new skin concept
I just wanted to mention that blurring might be possible in future - IIRC pieh wanted to have a look on such a shader. No eta though.
(2012-11-11, 14:50)da-anda Wrote: I just wanted to mention that blurring might be possible in future - IIRC pieh wanted to have a look on such a shader. No eta though.

Wow that is awesome news. Keep us updated.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2012-11-11, 11:12)pecinko Wrote: That said, if I were you, I would continue with PS mockups as you will probably need them for the rest of 150 windows. Just a suggestion.

I just wanted to emphasize this- Once I ran through the screens I had mockups of I ran out of steam as well. I find myself now going back and doing more mockups of screens to see if I can redesign them to better adhere to the look I was going for.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Nice skin!!
It looks a lot like the skin surfaces but this one is darker. I Like it but can anybody give me the background image off this skin..?

I want to try to make a mixed version off the skin surfaces
Thanks for the nice Mockup!
Have you a Download Link for the Home-Screen Icons?

Regards Jan
looks great, would love to see it come to fruition.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing. As soon as I saw this I grabbed my wife and she agreed(that is a big deal) that this skin was beautiful and seemed easy to understand!!!!

If only this could become reality and not another AWESME skin idea that never sees the lite of day.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Thanks guys for the comments.

Thanks Abrasher i appreciate it, this is exactly what i trying to accomplish.
I am still buzzy creating mockups, but i am not yet satisfied with where i am now. I will add some more screens soon.
As i am around for a few years i have seen a lot of skins that don't see the daylight. I try to avoid this but unfortunately i can't promise.
The main problem is skinning cost a massive amount of time. I hope i survive Big Grin
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2012-12-02, 21:37)Baswazz Wrote: Thanks guys for the comments.

Thanks Abrasher i appreciate it, this is exactly what i trying to accomplish.
I am still buzzy creating mockups, but i am not yet satisfied with where i am now. I will add some more screens soon.
As i am around for a few years i have seen a lot of skins that don't see the daylight. I try to avoid this but unfortunately i can't promise.
The main problem is skinning cost a massive amount of time. I hope i survive Big Grin

Goodluck, your work so far is awesome!

cant await a release. it's lookin' great. searching for this kind of skin.

regards chmee
(2012-11-10, 23:53)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Wow Baswazz, very nice looking!

Quite different than the other Metro inspired skins as well. It is funny, but I have been plotting out something very similar to that info screen for use in my skin. Very nicely done.

And as a fellow metro skin developer I just have to say to those complaining about all the Metro-styled skins- Why is it a problem if several people want to use the same design philosophies? I don't hear people complaining about too many Aeon-inspired skins and there are just as many (if not more) of those. Would you prefer we just not put our work out there for the public to use?

I love the ideas. I also want to emphasize that we should want as many people sharing ideas and putting them out there as we can get. Even if the initial designs fall short of 'greatness', the skins evolve and skinners learn from each other and their ideas. Even if we have multiple 'similar' designs, each one has unique features and functionality, and I hope that eventually we'll see collaboration among the skinners for those designs. It's happened plenty in the past for earlier skins.

With that said - I like the look and design of this skin a lot and hope that it eventually becomes a reality!
Maybe something like this? LaughAngelLaughAngel

http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...adID=20806

I´m working on it.

After my first attempt I did some graphic rework and have recoded the skin in 1080i .

Github is not actuall but should work for some testing...

I hope I can give a full working version within the next months...

Regards

Oliver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Brave a new skin concept4