Custom Video Node grouped by
I'm tring to create a custom Video Node for movies, using the years.xml as a base.

It apply the rule correctly, but it doesn't mantain the grouping by year. I'm doing someting wrong, or it doesn't work this way?

Here is the code :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
  <label>Film Animazione (Anno)</label>
  <path>videodb://1/3</path>
  <content>movies</content>
  <icon>DefaultYear.png</icon>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
    <value>smb://MEDIA-SERVER/Library/Video/AnimazioneFilms/</value>
  </rule>
</node>
You can't group by in custom nodes. You can only filter at present.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-07, 01:32)jmarshall Wrote: You can't group by in custom nodes. You can only filter at present.

OK thanks,
Is the grouping feature in the todo list for after frodo? if it's not, what is the official way to submit a suggestion?
Another question, the widgets add-on, works with custom nodes?
(2012-11-07, 01:32)jmarshall Wrote: You can't group by in custom nodes. You can only filter at present.

Is there any way presently to use a rule on a node with the type="folder"? If so, what rules are available? I would like to use contains or doesnotcontain to create a "filtered" TV Show list.

This works with type="filter", but it shows all of the episodes of all of the shows in one long list. This would work well for movies, but not very well for TV episodes, where it would be nice to show the show title, with the option to drill down to the episodes.

Is this, or something that achieves it, currently possible? Thank you.
You want a tvshow filter, and yes, this works fine. Start by creating a tvshow smartplaylist, then copy the rules across into a custom node.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-11-11, 10:24)jmarshall Wrote: You want a tvshow filter, and yes, this works fine. Start by creating a tvshow smartplaylist, then copy the rules across into a custom node.

Thanks for the help; I'm able to get this work as a smart playlist, but not as a custom node.

I transplanted the applicable parts from the smart filter to the custom node, but no dice:

Code:
<node order="3" type="tvshows">
  <label>Kids TV Shows</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>//SERVER/Videos/Other/Kid Stuff/TV Shows</value>
    </rule>
</node>

I tried the putting the path paramenter in as well, but it didn't change anything. Likewise, this doesn't work to filter out the stuff I'm creating a custom node for:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="folder">
  <label>369</label>
  <path>videodb://2/2</path>
    <content>episodes</content>
  <icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
  <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">//SERVER/Videos/Other/Kid Stuff/TV Shows</rule>
</node>

Here are the errors that show up in the log:

Code:
02:56:22 T:9600   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/tvshows/kidstitles.xml/
02:56:22 T:9600   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(library://video/tvshows/kidstitles.xml/) failed

I think I'm able to do pretty much what I want with the Smart Playlists, so I think I'll go that route for now. I would like to know if I missed anything obvious in that XML, though.
You want type="filter". Also, drop the <path>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Video Node grouped by0