Linux xrandr - Miss Reporting Interlaced Modes
if the panel is 720p, as you said and xrandr suggests, set xbmc to 720p and
adjust display refresh to match video to on. 23,976hz stuff should then use the 59,94 mode and 24hz stuff the 60 mode
Alright - so if I understand all this I should:

i) keep XBMC output at 720p59.94 - this'll allow 23.976p media to be displayed properly using 2:3 pulldown - progressive frame repetition vs traditional interlaced method.

ii) set Adjust display refresh rate to match video = ON so XBMC can pulldown like described above.

iii) set Sync playback to display = OFF since this panel can't do 24p

That summarize it all correctly?

TIA
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
correct
Cool - thanks for the feedback...luckily my home theater supports 1080p24.

I didn't concern myself with this too much until I sat and watched a movie on this older setup. Big Grin

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2012-11-08, 15:18)FernetMenta Wrote: NVidia drivers > 302 support xrandr 1.2/1.3. AFAIK the interlaced flag for modelines was introduced with 1.2. According to the EDID data driver 304 displays it correctly.

Thank you very much for all the help.
I think the above clarifies my dilemma and was the answer I was looking for.

Thanks everybody for making this clearer to me.

Playback is now EXCELLENT for 1080p23.976 on my 720p59.94 panel - thanks very much all.

I 'built' the exact ModeLine for 1280x720p @ 59.94 for my Panasonic 720p panel via Xorg.log. Using Frodo Beta 1, and Nvidia 310.19 on Ubuntu 12.04 x64

Adjust display refresh rate to match video = ON Start/Stop
Sync playback to display = OFF
Vertical Sync = Always Enabled

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xrandr - Miss Reporting Interlaced Modes0