Music Cd Covers in SubFolders
Hallo,
maybe someone could help.
First Problem:
I've downloaded Frodo Alpha7 and i've recognized
that there is a problem with cd covers in music files.
I've only DTS 5.1 music files organized in following structure:

e:\Pink Floyd\Meddle\song1.dts etc
\Animals\song1.dts etc

in the Folder e:\Pink Floyd is a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg.
Both is shown in Confluence and also in Transparency.

In the Subfolder \Meddle is also a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg
but there is only the fanart shown in both skins. Folder.jpg with the
cd cover is not displayed in both skins.

If I rename in the Subfolder \Meddle\ folder.jpg to song1.tbn matching to song1.dts the cd cover is shown in both skins.

Is this a bug or do i something wrong?

2.Problem: I don't have any mp3, i only have dts and dtshd music files.
is there any possibility to scan that files into the library?

Many thanks for your help

Mike
1. folder.jpg will be used if (and only if) all songs in the folder use the same album. Your problem, I'm betting, is that they're .dts tracks, so thus have no metadata associated with them. i.e. problem number 2...

2. To get them into the library, I think the only way is to use a .cue sheet to tag them. If you just want them listing nicer in files mode, then you can set up the <musicfilenamefilters> in advancedsettings.xml. I don't believe these are used during scanning (potentially one could argue that we should - main problem with it is it's not easy to refresh if you get it wrong).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hallo

thanks for your fast answer

but : you can create a folder and can put in there what you want ( even a piece of cake lol) and one folder.jpg and xbmc will display the folder.jpg as cd cover.
In Filemode xbmc doesn't care about artists, albums or songs - it looks for a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg and displayes them - even the folder is empty of music files.

But if you create a subfolder in that folder and put in a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg xbmc alpha7 and some nightiesonly displays the fanart but not the folder.jpg.
For all those people which like high end music and cannot work their musicfiles in librarys , is that problem a bug - cause its really unlogic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Cd Covers in SubFolders0