TV show library not showing new additions
This has been driving me crazy. I wanted to free some HD space on our iMac, which I intended to do by copying over various EyeTV recordings to an external drive. This is something that I've done many times before and that I regard as entirely routine.

So the recording is edited, found in Package Contents and copied to its newly created folder in TV shows on the external, all very straightforward.

Except that it doesn't show up in the TV Shows library listing. So I do the update thing, still nothing, but it's sat there in the folder quite happily.

So I do the same with another programme, exactly the same result.

As a control experiment I repeat the process on the laptop, where it works perfectly.

To add further confusion they appeared in Videos, but went again when I tried to update TV Shows.

I've tried the edit source route, with the library rebuilt from scratch, with the type set to none, changed back and rescanned, all to no avail.

I should add that this is not a naming issue, I know about file name conventions, but I haven't been able to get the folder to show in the library list, never mind an actual programme.

All the old TV shows appear with no problem, it's only the new ones that are shy and retiring.

Tried the import library option, nowt.

I'm running Transparency! and Eden Beta 3 on an iMac with Snow Leopard installed.

While I'm by no means an expert I've been using XBMC for a couple of years now and consider myself reasonably adept at finding my way round.

I've trawled the various forums but have been unable to find anything similar, mostly the posts relate to a file not being seen or scraped, I'd love to be able to get that far.

I'm perfectly prepared to believe that I've overlooked something glaringly obvious that a three year old child should have noticed, and would be more than happy to accept huge amounts of ridicule if it meant that the problem was solved.

Log here: http://pastebin.com/itZQiLbB

I've tried looking through but get a bit bogged down in the detail.

Hope that this makes some sort of sense, I've been trying to sort it all evening and am now more than a little bit boggled
First thing I would do is update to XBMC v11 (Eden), since you are currently using the beta for Eden. If it still doesn't work, which will probably happen, we'll then need XBMC's debug log (wiki) with debugging turned on.
Hi, thanks for the reply. The update was the last thing I did last night, but was just too tired and frustrated to start all over again. I've no idea why it hadn't been done long ago, put it down to advancing age.

Just tried now, as you suspected it didn't work. On the plus side I got a lot of nice add-on updates.

Log: http://pastebin.com/vRuLUjhi

Many thanks for taking the trouble to look at this. I usually try to resolve any issues myself, but this has got me beaten, and the noise of my head hitting the table is frightening the dog.

stop press

Just tried adding a movie as well, in separate movie folder, same result, no library update. Music update worked. They are all on the same external HD.

http://pastebin.com/aJ3G60QJ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show library not showing new additions0