"Blank" Artwork after updating from Eden to preFrodo
After installing preFrodo my Databases were still complete, but no Artwork was displayed.
After entering the movie database xbmc noticed this an offered to fix the video library entries
without new downloading. (Awesome feature, btw!)

This worked fine until xbmc crashed after 1/3 of the process.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact phrasing of what xbmc offered to do in order
to fix the invalid entries, so it's hard to find answers to the question:

how can I manually start this process to rehash the existing artwork so it will be displayed
again, without any additional downloading?
Romanes eunt domus
Had this as well. I 'solved' this by deleting/renaming my video database (keeping the old v60!), so on restart XBMC recreated the v72 version
and asked me again to update the artwork cache. I have a large library on my NAS so took 3 tries before it worked and all art was processed.

Make sure you have a backupcopy of your database before you try this!
First Try: Entering "Movies" to trigger the creation of v72. Only movies had artwork, tv shows had none.

Second Try: Entering "TV Shows" to trigger the creation of v72, now tv shows were included, too.

Might be a coincidence. Some Season-Covers are still missing, but all in all it worked pretty well!

Much obliged.
Romanes eunt domus
If you can manage to crash it, we'll need a debug log of it happening. I can't reproduce it, and until I can see what the problem is, it won't be fixed.

Note that it doesn't make any difference at all how you enter the videos window. All it requires is the flag that says the database has been updated to v72.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It only crashed the very first time (before I created this thread), and this was probably due to heavy multitasking (I've done this and that while the new db was built).

The following approaches as mentioned above all were crash-free, so I can't reproduce the occurence of this crash neither...

Romanes eunt domus
(2012-11-10, 12:34)JPDeckers Wrote: Had this as well. I 'solved' this by deleting/renaming my video database (keeping the old v60!), so on restart XBMC recreated the v72 version
and asked me again to update the artwork cache. I have a large library on my NAS so took 3 tries before it worked and all art was processed.

Make sure you have a backupcopy of your database before you try this!

Where is this v72 thing I need to delete? Mine crashed (totally un-related bug that has been fixed) during the update so I need to redo mine as well.

Thanks.
userdata (wiki) folder
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database
Romanes eunt domus
Thanks guys, got it.
Again, PLEASE provide full details of how to reproduce this, assuming you can.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Mine crashed due to this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145022 (running a7 on an older ATV2). An upgrade to the Nightly fixed the issue. Mine was not just crashing while updating the database, it was crashing constantly. I am not sure if my issue is related to the people above at all. It just happened to crash during the update.
A guess - yours was crashing because you run ios 4.2.1 and during a7 our buildbot used ios 5 sdk which was incompatible at runtime with 4.2.1 - nothing to see here. (fixed by building against 4.2 sdk again since start of november...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Moved to Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Blank" Artwork after updating from Eden to preFrodo0