Installing driver for Crystal HD card
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have the apple tv 1; I have already got eden on it using the atv usb patchstick creator and have SSH setup between my desktop and apple tv hard drive. The program I am using for that is WinSCP. I installed the Crystal HD card but now I am stuck. I am by no means an expert tech guy. I can follow the directions that are given on these sites but I have almost zero knowledge of SSH and how/what WinSCP actually does. I am completely stuck on how to get the driver for the new card onto the apple tv. Heres my issue: I am using the following info below to download driver. First, Please tell me if this is not the correct way to get driver onto apple tv.
This is the easiest way to install the CrystalHD driver onto your AppleTV!

To make this easy install available log into your AppleTV
Code:
ssh frontrow@appletv.local
and enter:
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://crystalhd.sartori.at/files/crystalhd.plist
This will add a new download source to your "Downloads" section in Launcher.

2nd, I open up WinSCP. It brings me to main screen and has my frontrow session stored. Since its stored, I just click login like the first step above tells me to. The next part is where i'm lost. It takes me to the directories for both systems (computer and apple tv) with different icons on top, etc. I have no idea where to enter the "code" defaults write etc. At this point, I am just totally lost and by the sounds of the above directions, this is suppose to be a very easy install so I'm sure I've obviously missed something very simple due to my unfamiliarity of SSH. If anyone could please help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Use Putty instead of WinSCP.
Ok, so I used Putty instead. It took me to a black dialog box with the prompt -bash-2.05b$. I typed the defaults code in and hit enter and nothing happened. It brings up the same -bash- prompt. Does that mean it worked?

Also, when I try to go to the apple tv input on my tv, it no longer shows anything. Is that because I have changed the card and since there is no driver installed, it wont show the video or make any audio sounds. The blue light is on the apple tv and it blinks whenever I push a button on the apple tv remote so I'm pretty sure I haven't crapped out the atv.

thanks again for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing driver for Crystal HD card0