OSX automatic sample frequency switching
Hi,

I am very new to XBMC so please excuse what may appear to be a dumb question. I am also not a developer and have already asked this question in the Mac Help forum who directed me over here. I have searched the forum for an answer to this question but haven't found one, at least not in a language I understand, so once again, please excuse me if this has been answered.

Perceived issue is as follows. XBMC isn't doing automatic frequency switching in my configuration (Frodo Nov 6th nightly, MacMini Mountain Lion, USB audio into a DAC). For example Audio Midi is setup showing 44.1k and I try to play a 24/192 audio file (Anita Baker, Rapture - ALAC). XBMC simply won't play until I manually switch Audio Midi to at least 96k, beyond that it plays.

Is this by design? My reason for evaluating XBMC is as a potential replacement for iTunes plus Amarra, which do automatic frequency switching. It will make switching to XBMC problematic were it not to provide this feature.

Am I missing something, do I have something wrongly configured? This sort of thing is going to be a deal for the audiophile crowd on Macs of which there are a lot.

Any thoughts/help welcome!

Thanks
Marc
don't cross post.
Thanks for the helpful response.

I assumed from the "no idea but maybe the developers know more" I got on the OSX forum, that I was being referred to this forum.

Is it normal etiquette simply to wait for a response even if the original post isn't getting a response despite a large number of reads?

you wait, devs (like me) who are very busy, might read, and be thinking about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX automatic sample frequency switching0