Android Remote?
So Im thinking about setting up the free official android xbmc remote on my phone. Quick question..if I set this up i understand you have to input IPs etc to get the connectivity to work etc right? So once I do this..and want to use my phone to control xbmc (located on PC) will it over-ride my ability to use my keyboard as a "remote" as I currently do?

Will I be able to go from using the android remote in bed to using my keyboard seamlessly or will I have to change settings every time I want to go from keyboard to android?
Basically when enabling the webapi to use remote control apps, nothing changes.
You just get another way of controlling xbmc, you're not loosing any functions.
Yeah, well for some reason my android setup wont work... i keep getting the "socket timeout" error or w/e
(2012-11-09, 03:27)cctaylor88 Wrote: Yeah, well for some reason my android setup wont work... i keep getting the "socket timeout" error or w/e

I got that socket error, when i used my computers hostname as the host address, after switching to the ip address, it worked fine. Also make sure that you are using the correct port number, xbmc remote defaults to 8080, and xbmc has 80 as default, so you need to change one of them (for me it was like that, in any case)

Secondly, did you "enable" the remote in the xbmc settings?

Im not in front of my xbmc atm, so im not 100% sure, but it is in settings - system - network - allow xbmc over web (or something similiar)
Yeah I have enabled remotes/outside sources or whatever...okay so how can I make sure Im using the correct port number? i am using the correct port numer 8080 through xbmc and on the android..but I have no idea if my phone is even on my wi-fi wireless home router?

Does the phone have to be on the wi-fi from my home router? (the pc/xbmc are hardlined to the router for internet)
Yes, your phone needs to be connected to the WiFi router in order for it to work. Probably depending on phone, but if you go to system, network, wifi network, you will be able to connect your phone on your wifi network, then all should work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Remote?0