RAM and Fan for new HTPC?
I'm building new HTPC and I'm not sure what kind of RAM do I need. Build is:
CASE: Silverstone Milo ML03B
CPU: AMD A10-5800k
MOBO: ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green

What is the best RAM I could buy?
Plus, Do I need to buy extra fan or stock fan will be good enough for CPU?
As for the CPU cooler,..I'd choose this one: Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100)

Sure the stock cooler might be enough,..but the Shuriken runs virtually silent. It also looks pretty cool. For if you want to add bling to your HTPC.

As far as RAM,...G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
Sure, 4GB is more than enough,..but the price difference sometimes make this a moot point.
Forgot to mention,...if you do go with the Shuriken,...you won't need any additional case fans.
Thanks, Will that RAM fit into ml03b without any problems?
you could fit corsair dominator w/fan in that case so you should be fine Tongue
Alright then, everything is ordered. I decided to go with stock fan and if it gives me any problems I might look into Scythe BIG SHURIKEN
thanks for advise.
Good luck and by all means,..would like to know how you make out, and your first impressions when you use it for the first time.
Yes,....I like to live vicariously. Wink
(2012-11-08, 20:23)siulas Wrote: Thanks, Will that RAM fit into ml03b without any problems?
As far as memory stick, it is not the case that is causing the problem. It have to do with the location of memory stick on the mobo. In this situation, you might not be able to install the RAM with higher comb under the larger aftermarket CPU cooler. If you stick with low profile memory stick, it should fit under the CPU cooler. Any LP memory stick similar to this "Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB" should fit....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
under the Scythe BIG SHU, Kingston hyperX ram fits just right
(2012-11-09, 05:58)eskro Wrote: under the Scythe BIG SHU, Kingston hyperX ram fits just right
How about G.SKILL Sniper Series and Scythe BIG SHU? Will that fit? Should I cancel this RAM?

EDIT: Yea.. I think G.SKILL won't fit with Scythe BIG SHU

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAM and Fan for new HTPC?0