New user, just some general questions
Hello everyone!

I was recommended this software by someone over at overclock.net and I am very very impressed at how well it works with my new HTPC

I started using it today and I had a few questions:

Lets say I add a folder to my list of movies, is there a way to check on if any movies didn't get added into the library correctly?

I see that there is a rating system, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the ratings next to the movies to IMDb ratings? Or maybe just remove the ratings all together?

Last but not least, how would I go about changing the information for a movie that was incorrectly identified by the scanner?

Thanks for your help in advance! this software is awesome and really makes my new HTPC build shine!
(2012-11-08, 22:37)Dudenell Wrote: Hello everyone!

I was recommended this software by someone over at overclock.net and I am very very impressed at how well it works with my new HTPC

I started using it today and I had a few questions:

Lets say I add a folder to my list of movies, is there a way to check on if any movies didn't get added into the library correctly?

I see that there is a rating system, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the ratings next to the movies to IMDb ratings? Or maybe just remove the ratings all together?

Last but not least, how would I go about changing the information for a movie that was incorrectly identified by the scanner?

Thanks for your help in advance! this software is awesome and really makes my new HTPC build shine!

Hi,

As far as I'm aware there is not way other than manually checking if movie didn't scan correctly. Possible with third party software. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

The rating will be coming from the movie scaper you selected. Change the movie scraper to imdb.

To refresh a incorrectly imported movie have it selected and press 'i' then navigate to reload or refresh depending on the skin you are using.

I'd suggest using a small bit of software called 'the renamer' to move movies and tv into your xbmc folders. That way you can check if it's scanning the right movie.

Simon
If you add the year to the movie title, it improves chances of being found and added properly

There is also a plugin that searches for movies not added to the library: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263
(2012-11-09, 17:08)aptalca Wrote: There is also a plugin that searches for movies not added to the library: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263

Oh that's handy, I know I have some not added just haven't bothered trying to work out which! Thanks!
The plugin will only listed out movies not yet scan, so you'd have to manually add them ore rename/rescan them. Oh, it also has a little bug where it will say a file wasn't scanned if it uses an improper character(as in, an accent on a letter). Still, very handy tool when you first scan in buckets of movies.
XBMC v12 development builds (wiki) will now note files that haven't been scanned into the library in xbmc.log (wiki), even if debugging isn't turned on. In the future it will be easier to identify un-scanned files. I have no idea when or how, but do know it's something that is on our minds for how we could improve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user, just some general questions0