Live TV 1080i - Cant figure out if A6 5400k will handle it.
Hi there,

Could someone just tell me, will the A6 5400k handle UK live TV 1080i smoothly? Its not cutting it too fine? From some posts on the web I got the impression it will struggle, then from others I got the impression it will be no problem at all. I am getting confused.

Also, the renderer madVR, is that relevant to live TV also, or just file playback? If its used for live TV too, will the A6 handle it or will I have to use another renderer? Will another renderer be noticeably worse, or is madVR just enthusiast stuff?

Sorry for the basic questions. I can build a system and set up the OS and software but I dont really understand this video technical stuff.

Many thanks.
I had an even less powerfull A6-3500 and yes, there was no problem viewing 1080i - moreover It was possible to view Full HD 1080p movies in 3D, which means double framerate and fullHD cause of 3D!
Thanks for the reply. I see in the other thread you have just gone for an A10 Trinity. Did you choose that over an A8 or A6 because of the gaming you do? If I am not gaming and 1080i live TV is the most stressful thing I am doing, I dont really need something like that then right? Should I get an A8 with the better GPU than the A6 just to be safe? Or will it really not make any difference? Thanks again for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV 1080i - Cant figure out if A6 5400k will handle it.0