Getting lockups (OpenELEC / Frodo nightly) - log posted... help please!
Thanks uNi.

How can I use this with XBMC, during the problem file?

I'm brand new to Linux, I apologize for my general ignorance on all these topics.

------------------

Hey uNi, do you think that maybe if I switched to bram77's ubuntu minimal install, that the driver changes would fix this problem? I'm surprised that this problem exists as the files I'm running aren't particularly rare and the problem is on a lot of 1080p rips.

Is this quite a complex issue that remains to be solved, or is it something that a driver update or two can fix?...
Im not entirely sure how to force use gdb+xbmc to debug a file playback issues, I would like to know how to actually to use gdb+xbmc and as far as I know its not automatic.

However gdb manual http://linux.die.net/man/1/gdb

I've no idea about your issues or how to resolve them or what exactly will resolve them, because I have 0 experience with your hardware.
Seems a good idea for you to stick with openelec though.

uNi
Blargh. That's really intensive for me to learn, to be honest...

I'm hoping the few debug logs I've posted can indicate to a dev what's going on.
I will stick with OpenELEC, but I really want this issue to be fixed because as it stands, 10% of my media isn't being played properly and it's really frustrating, because I know my hardware is more than capable of it.

For those who can fix this issue, I would love to be able to help you out in return... I will think of a way to do that.

Still looking for help.
Bump, because this is driving me insane.
Another mediaInfo output of a problematic file. Shows similar specs to the one posted earlier in this thread...

Damnit.

http://pastebin.com/hKcaw1tX
Switched from OpenELEC nightly to Ubuntu Minimal nightlies... fixed my problem.

roach9: could you provide a sample of a file you had problems with?
Can't figure out for the life of me how to cut a 20 second portion out of this .mkv file... 0_o
(2012-11-14, 06:34)roach9 Wrote: Switched from OpenELEC nightly to Ubuntu Minimal nightlies... fixed my problem.

what ppa do you use now? Or did you follow any howto?
I simply used Bram77's install script.
I believe I'm using your ppa.
yes, then this points to a problem in OEs intel drivers.
(2012-11-14, 15:49)wsnipex Wrote: yes, then this points to a problem in OEs intel drivers.

Pike also has problems with the Intel build i give him.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting lockups (OpenELEC / Frodo nightly) - log posted... help please!1