MCE Remote shortcuts
Does somebody know how to turn the pc off with the off button of the mce remote. I used S but then the shutdown menu comes up. Further on I want to know the shortcut to go straight back to the home menu.
hi,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142910

This thread maybe just what you're looking for. I use these mapping in combination with a mce remote and find that they work more intuitively than the default mappings. The green button gets you home every time.

Furthermore, you can easily remap the buttons in the downloaded file to your likings.

hope to have helped.
Thank's for your answer, but where to put these files? I use Win7 and the mceremote addon.
(2012-11-09, 15:20)Birrel Wrote: Does somebody know how to turn the pc off with the off button of the mce remote. I used S but then the shutdown menu comes up. Further on I want to know the shortcut to go straight back to the home menu.
Which specific remote are you using (make/model or URL link to product page)?

In general, you can try creating a keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-key1>XBMC.Powerdown</some-key1>             <!-- Power-off system -->
      <some-key2>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</some-key2>  <!-- Display homepage -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
The <some-key*> tags are to be replaced by the names of the buttons you wish to map to these functions.
the remote.xml file can be placed under userdata/keymaps folder.
once this file is placed there, reboot xbmc and your good to go.
All the info is in the same thread.

If you have any more questions, let me know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote shortcuts0