The perfect XBMC
Hi,

This is my first post, but I have recently become a real fan of XBMC.
Lets jump to my question immediatly:

XBMC has been so great I want to use it on a new tv.
I haven't bought it yet, but I want to do it good this time...
I don't know what combination I would need best (for example htpc, nas, media player)

Below you can see what I want to do with XBMC:

I have XBMC on a windows7 pc in my room (internet = wireless since it is an appartement)
Since I have new movies from time to time, I want to use my pc as a host and sync the movies to my living room.
All of this needs to be done wireless. I know streaming a movie straight from my desktop might be possible, BUT this would have at least a lot of quality loss wont it?

I'm asking if it is possible that when I open xbmc in my living room,it can update all libraries AND SAVE THE FILES on my device connected to my tv (htpc, nas or media player probably mainly for storage)
This way the movie has all the time it needs to load and when all the information and the movie itself is transferd wireless to the device, I can watch it in very good quality (even if my pc isn't running anymore)
See it a bit as what google drive does when installed on 2 computers... you put the file in the map and you can see it in the map on the other computer as well.

Can somebody tell me if it can be done, how it can be done, what I need for it and how to do it?
I will need something to transfer my movies wireless and something to save them on a device connected to my tv.
My budget is around 600 to 800 euro's and it needs to be good looking Wink
Tv is gonna be something around 1000 - 1500 euro
As long as your wireless is high speed (N+) it should be able to stream almost everything. I stream live HD tv over wireless to my laptop from my main HTPC+Ceton and that is very bandwidth intensive. My laptop gets a solid 130mbps connection. If there's a problem you won't get quality loss, it will just buffer a lot.
(2012-11-09, 19:31)draftpick07 Wrote: I'm asking if it is possible that when I open xbmc in my living room,it can update all libraries AND SAVE THE FILES on my device connected to my tv (htpc, nas or media player probably mainly for storage)

With your budget I would really advice you to get a NAS or unRAID server for media storage and not have a local copy of the files on your HTPC, draft N WLAN should be able to transfer the data while watching without problems. If you don't want to use network cables you can still look into PowerLAN options, I personally switched to these after trying WLAN bridging because of stability issues...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The perfect XBMC0