Android
I am new to Android. I just got a Google Nexus 7 and wondered if there were any solutions to either run an XBMC client on it or stream my media library to it.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
BubbleUPnP and Skifta are two Android UPnP/DLNA clients that work really well with XBMC (as long as you're using a Frodo build of XBMC, which has tons of UPnP improvements over Eden)
XBMC itself runs fine on the N7 as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Oh Really? How do I even get it onto the N7? Is there a wiki on it? I've npt seen any builds for andriod either...
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-11-10, 16:44)patseguin Wrote: Oh Really? How do I even get it onto the N7? Is there a wiki on it? I've npt seen any builds for andriod either...

it's called "Google search"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There's a link on the Android FAQ (wiki) to the XDA thread for unofficial builds: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...p=29737205
Ok thanks Ned, and no thanks to the guy who told me to Google Search. I like to get my answers from the XBMC team not from a Google Search.
Before I get to far into it, do I h ave to hack my Nexus in order to do this? Like Jailbreaking an iOS device?
(2012-11-10, 22:31)patseguin Wrote: Ok thanks Ned, and no thanks to the guy who told me to Google Search. I like to get my answers from the XBMC team not from a Google Search.
Before I get to far into it, do I h ave to hack my Nexus in order to do this? Like Jailbreaking an iOS device?

jeez doing little research yourself is too hard for ya.
doing a search what have told you just the same.

what do i know, I'm just a some guy right Rolleyes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
hey Patseguin, maybe you should read who you are addressing before making those kind of comments. He IS part of team-XBMC.
If team-XBMC had to answer all the basic questions, they wouldn't have time to develop is amazing software.

No. Just google for how to 'sideload' apps with any android device. One way is to enable usb debugging on the device, plug it into your computer, then use adb (you can grab it from google - it's in the android sdk) to install the apk direct to the device.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-10, 22:53)dante1 Wrote: hey Patseguin, maybe you should read who you are addressing before making those kind of comments. He IS part of team-XBMC.
If team-XBMC had to answer all the basic questions, they wouldn't have time to develop is amazing software.

I just noticed that. Bad day...
On a side note, I can't get the official XBMC remote app to control or even recognize my XBMC installation. I have a static IP, HTTP control and everything else enabled. It just doesn't work. I guess that's not as important.
Forgive me if this has already been asked before. I did a search for it and couldn't find anything specific.

I have a Seagate network drive that has all of my movies on it. I stream them using the provided Android app called Pogoplug. When doing so I get the option of using the installed video player within my Galaxy Note 2 or Moboplayer which I installed seperately. I would much rather use XBMC but it never gives me the option of selecting XBMC in the popup. Am I doing something wrong or is this function just not available yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android0