Linux Strange NFS problem
Hi there,

I've been searching around for quite some time, but couldn't find a solution to this problem.
I have an NFS server which exports a folder containing my video library and a MySQL server providing the database for my video library. Both library and database are shared between my Windows notebook and my Linux workstation, both running XBMC 11 (Eden). At least that's the plan, but here is the problem:

Mounting the NFS share with my Windows XBMC works fine, but my Linux XBMC isn't able to mount anything. When I enable debugging and go to Add Videos->Browse->NFS Share, I only get the following log message:

Code:
23:41:08 T:140574816466688   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.1)
23:41:08 T:140574816466688   DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.1
23:41:08 T:140576051410880   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
23:41:08 T:140576051410880   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

23:44:20 T:140575855683328   ERROR: Unable to lookup host: ''
23:44:20 T:140576051410880   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
23:44:20 T:140576051410880   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

I googled this message and got several results pointing to different solutions, but none of them worked for me (they were all mostly about the NFS server not being available, closed ports, firewalls etc., but my NFS server is working as it should, just XBMC isn't).

But even more strange than that message is this one: when I run XBMC from the terminal, it outputs
Code:
Usage: [-?fMRSTrAV] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-B|--broadcast=BROADCAST-ADDRESS] [-f|--flags]
        [-U|--unicast=STRING] [-M|--master-browser] [-R|--recursion] [-S|--status] [-T|--translate]
        [-r|--root-port] [-A|--lookup-by-ip] [-d|--debuglevel=DEBUGLEVEL] [-s|--configfile=CONFIGFILE]
        [-l|--log-basename=LOGFILEBASE] [-V|--version] [--option=name=value]
        [-O|--socket-options=SOCKETOPTIONS] [-n|--netbiosname=NETBIOSNAME] [-W|--workgroup=WORKGROUP]
        [-i|--scope=SCOPE] <NODE> ...
every time I try to list the NFS shares. Looks like there is an incompatibility between the nfs-utils or libnfs version installed on my system and what XBMC expects. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to google that message since it contains too many special characters and too little text. :-(

The next thing I tried was to re-import my old library which contains the NFS URLs to my videos, but that caused XBMC to crash: https://pastebin.sabayon.org/pastie/10973

I hope you can help me with this problem.

My system:
Sabayon Linux (AMD64)
XBMC 11
nfs-utils 1.2.6
libnfs 1.3.0
libnfsidmap 0.24

Thanks!
xbmc version 11 is not compatible with libnfs 1.3

Use what we deliver in the xbmc setup for eden...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's what I guessed. Strangely enough I just installed the XBMC from the Sabayon package manager (Entry) which had no NFS support at all.
Then I rebuilt it from Portage, i.e. from source and it had NFS support then. Unfortunately, I only have libnfs 1.3.0 here, no older version (what's the right one? 1.2.0 I suppose...)

Are the libnfs sources somewhere inside the XBMC sources? If yes, I could try recompiling it with NFS directly built into XBMC.
Okay, I just downloaded the 1.2 branch of libnfs from GitHub, compiled it and replaced the installed libnfs-1.3.0 with it. Now I still get those strange usage instructions from above when running XBMC from the console, but at least it's working for now (until Frodo is stable). I hope it won't break anything.

Another question, though: is it possible to tell XBMC which port to use for NFS? It's always picking a random port which doesn't work with my iptables firewall. I tried adding the port number to the address but XBMC seems to ignore it.
1.2 is not the right version dude - see lib/libnfs in the xbmc source tree for getting the right libnfs version for eden (1.2 wasn't even there when eden was released)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Not the right one? I thought so because I found it here: https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...build-deps

The Makefile in the Eden branch on GitHub says:
Code:
VERSION=0804e67
whatever that is. The master branch says 1.3.0, but that's not Eden, obviously. But if this 0804e67 version is correct, I'll use that one from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/build-deps/sources.
Just chiming in - not expert - but seems this is the correct version.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/build-deps/darwi...e67.tar.gz

You probably would have to use the build makefile and the patch on https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/Eden/lib/libnfs to compile, in this case you probably just compile that with the patch.

Though I dont use Eden - - Memphiz is the libnfs dev so what he says goes.

uNi
Thanks so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange NFS problem0