show/play next item in slideshow when video is playing?
Hi all,

hope this is the right place for my problem, if not someone please point me to the appropriate sub-group. Thanks.

I am a huge fan of slideshows that combine photos with video clips and show them in chronological order. XBMC does just that ( smile ).

However, I am faced with the problem that when I hit a video clip in my slideshows, and lets say it gets rather boring after 10 seconds in so that I want to skip to the next item, there actually doesn't seems to be a way to do that. It is no problem at all to skip to the next item (video or photo, it works for both) when a photo is being shown, but how can I do that when I am in the middle of a video clip? It should be straight forward, but I just cant seem to find a keyboard short cut to do it. (Oh, I am using version 11.0 in case that matters.)

If anyone got any ideas
I am all ears
cheers
~H
Ok, after some fiddling I found out that I can skip a video clip using "NextPicture" action. I associated it with a button on my remote. It is still far from perfect because XBMC reacts with an info message ("Playlist: next item could not be found" or similar, I translated that from German) along with a very annoying sound every time I skip a video now. Skipping pictures doesn't show the same odd behaviour...

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. If I start a Slidshow on a directory, XBMC will show all files inside, pics and videos alike, but skipping only really works for the pictures. What is going on there? Am I missing something?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's just a limitation for the picture/slideshow portion of XBMC, since it doesn't get a lot of attention. There are some updates planned for v13, but I'm not sure if that affects slideshows.
(2012-11-12, 21:30)Hawkoon Wrote: Ok, after some fiddling I found out that I can skip a video clip using "NextPicture" action. I associated it with a button on my remote. It is still far from perfect because XBMC reacts with an info message ("Playlist: next item could not be found" or similar, I translated that from German) along with a very annoying sound every time I skip a video now. Skipping pictures doesn't show the same odd behaviour...

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. If I start a Slidshow on a directory, XBMC will show all files inside, pics and videos alike, but skipping only really works for the pictures. What is going on there? Am I missing something?

Problem in short:
Problem occurs since since video files are also shown in the picture section listings. When playing videos from within the slideshow feature, the internal player (not the slideshow feature) is used.
This means the playlist causes problems (controls, etc.) regarding when another player as expected is used. This needs a rather large redesign to change and has no prio. in teamXBMC.

See: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12412
Thanks for explaining Robotica, this making sense now.

I guess I'll just wait for the next versions to come then.

~H

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show/play next item in slideshow when video is playing?0