XMBC Sleep While Playing Music
Hey,

I'm using my Macbook Pro (ML 10.8.2) streaming my media from another networked computer. While I'm connected and playing music through the Music application in XBMC after 20 minutes or so my computer goes to sleep and the music stops playing. The display drops and the music stops. Is there anyway to have the music player perform like a video is playing and keep my computer awake?

My laptop is connected to the TV by Display Port to HDMI, and a 1/8" to Red/White.

Thanks for the help

When you say your "computer goes to sleep", are you referring to your Macbook Pro or the other computer that hosts your music files? Is XBMC running on your Macbook or on your other computer (or both)?
(2012-11-11, 04:33)artrafael Wrote: When you say your "computer goes to sleep", are you referring to your Macbook Pro or the other computer that hosts your music files? Is XBMC running on your Macbook or on your other computer (or both)?

My Macbook Pro goes to sleep and I don't have XBMC running on my other computer.
Have you xbmc running in fullscreen? (this is important - if windowed XBMC will NOT prevent the operating system from sleep - when in fullscreen it holds an sleep assertion which prevents the os from sleeping).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-11-11, 13:56)Memphiz Wrote: Have you xbmc running in fullscreen? (this is important - if windowed XBMC will NOT prevent the operating system from sleep - when in fullscreen it holds an sleep assertion which prevents the os from sleeping).

It always runs in fullscreen mode.
Are you using an advancedsettings.xml?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-11-13, 13:57)Memphiz Wrote: Are you using an advancedsettings.xml?

I'm not, basically just from the instal.
(2012-11-13, 18:21)teklikethis Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 13:57)Memphiz Wrote: Are you using an advancedsettings.xml?

I'm not, basically just from the instal.
try this
no thats the wrong option ... play with this:

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <fakefullscreen>false</fakefullscreen>
    </videoscreen>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Sleep While Playing Music0