All video unplayable when selecting audio over HDMI/optical
I've got a a problem with the october Frodo build in that I can't play any video if I select sound to be played via HDMI. If I select analogue all videos play fine. If HDMI is selected (with audio passthrough) the video stutters constantly. I don't know if logs will be any use to anyone if XBMC isn't crashing, or should I upload them anyway?

Thanks a lot[/quote]
I have the same issue. Did you find anything out?
I have the same issue as well. Just tried updating to 12.1 and still have the issue. If I select analog 2.0 videos play fine. If I choose optical/coax or HDMI 5.1 then the video is un-watchable, like maybe 1/2 fps without audio. I am using digital optical out for sound. Videos play just fine in VLC player when using 5.1 and digital input.
I assume you both followed the audio setup guide below? I had the same issues when upgrading from Eden and it was due to my audio setup. You'll also need to check the two boxes under Properties for your video card pertaining to audio. Something about exclusive mode.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._FAQ#Audio
Had the same problem, when I fresh installed xbmc 12.0.
Make sure to only enable the audio codecs which your receiver/tv supports.
I was following the setup properly. I did however notice that pass through was greyed out and said "unknown". I was able to solve my problem when I went to my sound card vendor support page, Turtle Beach Audio Advantage II, and found this bit of useful information: (The optional driver install was a nightmare in itself, which was resolved by a kind person before me, who had written in his Amazon.com product review, the procedures that he had to perform to get the driver installed.) Once installed, the pass through was displayed correctly, and all is good.

Thanks

The Micro II USB sound card adds a stereo analog output and an optical digital output to a Mac® or PC. The stereo output drives powered speakers, headphones or an external recording device. Because it uses a USB digital connection, the Micro II isolates the audio signal from the noisy electronics inside a PC or laptop to provide higher-quality sound. A built-in amplifier delivers crisp, clear sound on headphones or ear buds.

Inserting the included TOSLINK adapter into the stereo jack converts it into a S/PDIF digital optical output, allowing you to connect your Mac or PC to the optical digital input on home theater systems, digital speakers and other digital audio devices. This digital connection lets you enjoy DVD or streaming digital movies on your Mac or PC in high-quality, pure digital format. By installing an optional driver, the digital output can also send 5.1 channel Dolby® Digital or DTS™ surround sound as an encoded digital audio stream to your home theater system. (NOTE: This feature is only available on the Windows platform.)

(2013-03-24, 01:53)JRogers1978 Wrote: I assume you both followed the audio setup guide below? I had the same issues when upgrading from Eden and it was due to my audio setup. You'll also need to check the two boxes under Properties for your video card pertaining to audio. Something about exclusive mode.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._FAQ#Audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All video unplayable when selecting audio over HDMI/optical0