Linux ASRock ION 330HT, HDMI sound and newer linux distros
Dear all,

I have an ASRock Ion 330HT as my HTPC, had it for quite a while. Originally it was installed with Ubuntu 10.04, and it took me quite a bit of effort to get HDMI sound (channel mappings) working properly with that. Later I upgraded (ubuntu dist/release upgrade) to 12.04, and miraculously my HDMI sound kept working properly. A while back I had a crash of XBMC, and after that my HDMI sound was screwed up again and this time I can't get it working properly anymore no matter what I do. I can't for the life of me figure out how an XBMC crash could have any impact on that, but there you go.

I'm considering a complete re-install of this PC with Linux Mint 13 (or possibly wait for 14). But I'm wondering what's going to happen with my HDMI sound then. Do newer Linux distributions "get this right" out of the box, or can I expect to have to spend significant effort again trying to get the HDMI channel mapping right? Does anybody have any experiences with this specific box and fresh Mint 13 / Ubuntu 12.04 installs?

Rgds, Maarten
Only Ubuntu minimal installs, I have same machine type.

I installed Ubuntu mini and used all the stuff in my signature to tweak and get xbmc installed+remote+playback+sound etc...

Which incidentally all works just fine specially well if your using xbmc pre-frodo or at worst use the xbmc that the script installs

All links in signature click away on them and red, though they are not in any particular order..

uNi
Hi,

That's an awesome looking script. Seems that is installs a system that's pretty much dedicated to XBMC, and I'm using my system for some more generic stuff as well, so the script probably doesn't apply 100% to my case. Nevertheless I should be able to take the script apart and only use what seems applicable to me.

For me though the main point to take away from this script is that there's nothing specific in there to fix HDMI audio stuff, so I'm expecting a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.10 (and therefore Mint 14 RC as well) should "just work". At least in that area.

OK, nice little project for me to do during the next long weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330HT, HDMI sound and newer linux distros0