XBMC cache made my ssd full
So last night I decided to scan my music into XBMC I left it overnight as my music collection is quite large anyway when I woke checked the progress and it stopped at around the letter G I think because my XBMC filled up the cache to around 17gb making my SSD full is this normal and apart from buying a new hard drive is there something I else I can do about it?

Im running Eden aeon nox
win 7 x64
Use Frodo - it's far more efficient in this regard.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Excuse my ignorance but exactly is Frodo all I can think of is Lord of the Rings?
The current download is 'Eden', the new version of XBMC is code named 'Frodo', http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
Yeah I downloaded the beta and have the same problem why does it use so much cache went up to 19 gb this time after I tried to make a little more space in my ssd so still the exact same problem with frodo.
19GB is way, way too large. There could be some corrupt super-large files in there. Take a look at what is on there.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

When I look in its just full of .mp3 files which I have to manually delete.
XBMC doesn't put .mp3 files anywhere. The only time it would do so would be if they had to be extracted from a compressed rar or zip for playback purposes.

Where are said mp3 files found and what are they named?

Thanks I think you got it for me there ive got a lot of them in zip files so like you say they are unzipping them to read then filling the drive what to do about that unzip them all or is there another way round reason I ask im talking a lot of files in separate folders which is going to take me ages to go through?

*Update I used a program called extract now that searched for the zips and then and extracts them in the same folder just what I needed, then did a windows search and deleted the zips for space. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC cache made my ssd full0