No VGA Out In XBMCUBUNTU
Hi all,

I have an old HP Laptop (DV6000). Was using XBMC in Vista, VGA output and 2CH sound via headphone out, ya i know, not awesome, but it works for the kids room. Smile I have Acer Revos in my other rooms over HDMI which i converted to run XBMCUbuntu only, bye bye Windows, and they work well. But i did the same on the Laptop and i get nothing out of the VGA port once in XBMC. I do see the bootup screen on my TV but once in XBMC, VGA output gets lost and i only see the image on the laptop screen.

Hardware key to change monitor does nothing.

Second problem is sound. How would i know what the custom device is for headphone out?

Thanks.
Perhaps your TV doesn't support the resolution in-use by your laptop? Check your TV's user manual to see which VGA resolutions and refresh rates are supported. On your laptop, switch over to the XBMCbuntu desktop and select: Start menu > Preferences > Monitor Settings. Try selecting "Auto" for both Resolution and Refresh Rate and click Apply. If Auto doesn't work, try again with a Resolution/Refresh Rate that is compatible with both your TV and laptop.
Simply put, you need the laptop to select RGB port as output and turn off the Laptop LCD.

See this thread. I do this all the time and no probs. Bonus is that if you disconnect the RGB cable, and reboot, Laptop then switches back to LCD. And visa-versa.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid791371
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No VGA Out In XBMCUBUNTU0