Writing my own (IMDb TV) scraper
As the title says, I want to write my own scraper. In this case, a version of the IMDb scraper for TV shows.

Looking through all of the files installed by XBMC, I couldn't find one with the the XML for IMDb. I did find one with just scraper functions for it, though. So where is the main part of it?

From what I can tell, looking at the site HTML, this should be a relatively simple task, if I had the main IMDB code to start from. I am an x-programmer - but still quite capable.

So where does this reside? And then, once I have completed the scraper, where should I put it in the xbmc folder heirarchy?

I have seen other threads about IMDb for TV series, but nothing about a scraper being released. So, of course, if this task has already been completed, all of the above is moot, Just point me to the scraper.

FWIW: I am running v11.0 on Linux Fedora.

TIA

ken

Write_media_scrapers (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-11, 20:21)Martijn Wrote: Write_media_scrapers (wiki)

That's an empty page!
Try HOW-TO:Write media scrapers (wiki)
(2012-11-11, 20:56)scudlee Wrote: Try HOW-TO:Write media scrapers (wiki)

I had already looked at that page, as well as this one.

The latter explained where to put my finished scraper. But what I was looking for was the code that called all of the IMDb scraper functions (in addons/metadata.common.imdb.com). There is the one for themoviedb.org, in (metadata.tvdb.com/tmdb.xml). but not for IMDb. I didn't want to start from scratch, and thought that modifying the current IMDb addon would be much simpler.

ken
Have you actually installed the IMDb scraper?
In case yes, look at your user home dir/.xbmc/addons
(2012-11-12, 21:51)olympia Wrote: Have you actually installed the IMDb scraper?
Yes, and it works for movies, but not TV show.

Quote:In case yes, look at your user home dir/.xbmc/addons

Yes, and it only has scraper FUNCTIONS, not the main code.

Oops. I just saw the metadata.imdb.com folder (as opposed to the "commons" folder). My bad.

Thanks,

ken
Did you manage to complete your imdb scraper? Would be interesting, since the "official" imdb scraper is broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Writing my own (IMDb TV) scraper0