Airplay to Windows on Frodo Alpha 7.
Music 
Hi,

first post here - and apologies if this is the wrong forum (but it was suggested by a very helpful xbmc foundation member).

I installed Frodo Alpha 7 in the hope I could get Airplay to work using the stock Music app on my iPhone to my Windows 7 machine. I installed A7, set everything up in Zeroconf, didn't choose to use a password. I then opened the Music app on my iPhone (iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1) selected a track, hit the Airplay button and...a password was requested. I hadn't set one so I just hit OK which didn't work - it just kept asking me for a password. So I went back into xbmc settings and set the Airplay password to 123. Tried again with the music and this time put that password in - but it still just kept looping round asking me over and over for a password.

I tweeted the above mentioned member and he suggested that all feedback is needed, so with that in mind...

My xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/8gzfdMqr

Thanks!
Neil.
Sorry...I've just been asked to turn on debugging <slaps head!> and also enable airtunes debugging. New log:

http://pastebin.com/55AL51gx
turn off password setting - restart xbmc - should work...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
and btw - who is the "foundation member"? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try when home from work this afternoon and let you know.

The "Foundation Member" is Keith H?. You'll have to bear with me - as you know, I'm a noob around here so I could be saying 'Keith' and everyone straight away knows who he is and he's a bit of a legend (if that's the case, Keith, you're a legend!!) or it could be the complete opposite!

Will post up later and let you know how I get on after following your advice.

Thanks again.
Ahhhhh yes....So I just had a quick search through the memberlist and sure enough, the "Foundation Member" IS that legend we all know called Keith CoolRofl
Hi again Memphiz.

Ok, got home, tried what you said and still no luck...

Will try on my iPad and see if that works.
Nope, iPad doesn't work either. I don't get the constant password requests on it tho. I open the Music app, start a song, click the airplay icon, choose my xbmc PC, the airplay icon briefly lights up orange and then goes out again and the music starts playing on the iPad again.
Hi,

I've updated to Frodo Beta 1 now and am still getting exactly the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it working fine? I'd be interested to see if this is a specific problem to me...

Thanks,
Neil.
its working fine here. Then its maybe something with your network. Airplay likes to use ipv6 - if something is messed up about that it might kill the feature. Windows firewall shitnis turned off i guess?
Hi Memphiz,

thanks for the reply. I don't think my network is capable of ipv6 - I've gone into my network settings and ipv6 wasn't enabled. I added the protocol but still airplay doesn't work. I checked on ipv6-test.com and it said my internet connection isn't capable of ipv6. I'm not really sure what I would need to do from this point and fully understand it would be outside the scope of this forum/thread to help me any further on something like this, so appreciate the help you've given me and will have to accept I won't be able to do it.

Thanks again Smile
Neil.
Rofl due to the lack of a "I'm highly embarrassed and feel a complete tool" smiley, I'll use that one...

So I dug around a little and found I should be forwarding a port through my firewall? I proved this as I turned the firewall off briefyl while playing a song - and it played straight thru xbmc Laugh So..Which port do I need to allow access? From what I've read, it could be 36667 or 6002?

Very happy!
36667 Smile
grats Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay to Windows on Frodo Alpha 7.0