Req Library Improvement
I would like to suggest an improvement to the library concept (with all do respect: i want to say smart playlists will not work for this concept if i did i would not be posting this not the way In vision this)

I love smart playlists don't get me wrong but everytime i see people ask for library modification/improvments people "seem" to ignore them and say use a smart playlist

Anyway so my concept can we make Custom Video Types (e.g Movies, TV Shows etc.) to the database so you could have on the Set Content Menu some of the following types

Videos
-----------------------
TV Shows
Movies
Music Videos
Live Performances ( Musicals, Sporting Events, Standup etc.)
Documentaries (Educational Programs such as Eyewitness programs, History Channel, Science programs etc)
Video Clips (Misc Clips this one less needed but if it could be shown it would be nice
Recorded TV (e.g Sports Programs, Religious programs e.g conferences, etc. TV that does not fall under movies or shows)

Audio
----------------------
Audio Books
Audio Clips
Music
Podcasts

More Detail on how the would be sub-categorized see the link below
  • Live Preformances
    • Type/Genre
      • Artist/Group
        • Preformance Title

• Documentaries - either layied out like movies with no sub structure or groupped by artist/creator

• Video Clips

Maybe they can be just modified versions of TV Shows or Movies like and an extra field to the tables that say Type or Kind with values being Documentary or Movie (Movies) / Live Preformance or TV Show

Does any of this make sense and does anyone else think this is a good idea

I am using XBMC v11.0 if their is a way to link specfic sources to the home screen to acomplish this that would be a step up for now but i would really like to see this added i think it could be helpful to some other possible types could be

Home Movies
Foreign Films
Adult Films
etc.

Have you looked at custom video nodes? (Not available in v11 though)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Improvement0