Improve stream subtitle search
When watching a movie or tv show streamed from the internet, the addon cannot usually find a subtitle, and it requires to enter the subtitle title manually.

I had a look at the phyton code and the search is based on xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile()
for streamed content the file name is usually video.flv or something not descriptive of the real title

Maybe it is possible to use the title of the listitem instead of the file name. This way the addon woulfd automatically find the subtitle without manual intervention.
Moreover, even when we enter manually a title, the title is forgotten the next time we enter the manual search, and we have to type it again..
xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile() is used to get the path of the movie, we use "xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.Title")" for title.

addon you use to stream the content should set that label properly and universe will return to balance
Thanks Amet, I already tried all fields from getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.xxxx") and none of them contains the real label of the playing stream.
Did it work on your system?
I think the info tag is not populated right in the case of streaming (in my specific case, the addon that should do it is Navi-X, but it just calls the xbmc.Player with the wrong item as parameter - it seems - and only the url of the stream is passed right)
Obviously that label is somewhere, because we see it on the list, I am not a very phyton/addon expert to know where it should be.
Are you the coder of the xbmc.subtitles addon?
If it is not too imposing, can you try to find out where the label is?
Quote:I think the info tag is not populated right in the case of streaming
Filling the labels is work for the addon that plays the stream. Navi-X in your case. Other addons do it fine.

If you want not to enter manual search you should ask them to fill the metadata properly for the rest of xbmc components to use it.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

(2012-11-15, 11:37)jurrabi Wrote: Filling the labels is work for the addon that plays the stream. Navi-X in your case. Other addons do it fine.

Actually many addons do it wrong, but I'll take your advice an try to contact them and see if they can fix this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve stream subtitle search0