Xbmc 11 consumes more cpu than 10,1 !
Hi Forum ,

im still using xbmc 10.1 b/c it seems that it consumes less cpu power. If I install the newest Version, the CPU Fan of my computer doesnt turn down anymore while playing music. I checked all the tips for less cpu consumption...

Does anyone know if the newer version takes more power at all ? Or is there still a chance to reduce it even in the newest version ?

thanks for help...

Filip
Are you using your cpu or the gpu for audio decoding...? do you have the opportunity to switch? Like all software, the more features, the more code you're dealing with the larger requirements. Keep in mind... Dharma 10.1 has been replaced by stable Eden 11 which is just about to be supplanted With Frodo 12

Personally I feel XBMC has reached a level of sophistication that one buys hardware that supports this software. Many small platforms (I would almost say under powered) are running XBMC handily and some are priced very low.. So when I see messages demanding support on 10 year old hardware with even older software... I say maybe it's time to enjoy some of the new features!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc 11 consumes more cpu than 10,1 !0