Win Airtunes volume control not using full range
I'm using Frodo October snapshot and playing music from my phone to XBMC. It plays fine but when I change the volume on my phone, the xbmc volume does change, but the XBMC volume only goes from 80 at the lowest to 100 at the highest.

A quick search of the forum and trac didn't find anything relevant. Is anyone else noticing this?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
I'm not entirely sure (Memphiz would likely know) but I think when you change the volume on your phone XBMC doesn't "see" that, it simply gets quieter or louder in the audio stream.
When i click the volume button on my phone, xbmc does seem to change the volume, at least it fires an OnVolumeChanged notification such as:
Code:
{"method":"Application.OnVolumeChanged","params":{"sender":"xbmc","data":{"muted":false,"volume":80}},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
And no matter how low i put the volume on my phone, xbmc is always pretty loud. Like i said, it goes from 80-100...
From what I can tell, This is a bug. I've created a ticket and CC'd Memphiz http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13548
Commented on the ticket. Ned - yes we change the volume with AirTunes (windows only atm).

@bradvido88
In addition to my trac comment please try with itunes aswell. Maybe the difference in sent volume range was between ios devices and itunes. I just can't remember where this was discussed before Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Winderz only :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airtunes volume control not using full range0