• 8(current)
Win Win32 x64 XBMC x64 port - work in progress
@WiSo,

The patch for appdata redirect which also support long files and only translate smb in the smbfile and smbdir looks good, I have only one problem in the AddonManager.cpp line 271 is the path smb://home/addons set which will never translate to a unc path. Any suggestions how i can fix this the best and on which location?

TIA!
Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT | AMD A8-3850 | Breakaway Audio Enhancer, HK AVR-365 | HKTS 30, Philips 50PFL7956H/12 21:9 3D
@Skixbmc: The right fix imo would be to change CWIN32Util::GetProfilePath() to return a smb path (if strProfilePath is an unc path) because the translate function returns what we set in application.cpp l1205 (CSpecialProtocol::SetHomePath(strWin32UserFolder)). cpluff is a dll and thus still patched by our dll loader. That way it supports our vfs and can handle smb paths.
CUtil::GetHomePath could be handled the same. We could factor out the windows stuff to CWIN32Util::GetHomePath and make it returning a smb path if GetFullPathNameW returns an unc path (dunno what they return if xbmc lays on a share).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@WiSo

Small steps Wink I think that we can change in application.cpp line 1206 to CStdString strWin32UserFolder = CWIN32Util::SmbToUnc(CWIN32Util::GetProfilePath()); for the appdata redirect bug
The long path support will take a little bit longer, is it an id to use for Windows WINFileSMB instead of HDFile?
Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT | AMD A8-3850 | Breakaway Audio Enhancer, HK AVR-365 | HKTS 30, Philips 50PFL7956H/12 21:9 3D
@ WiSo

Is it an id to change the code in the DirectoryFactory.cpp that instead of retuning a new CHDDirectory we return CWINSMBDirectory? IMO we can remove the specific code for windows from the HDDirectory and we can also do the same for the FileFactory.cpp.
No. I would like to be in line with the other platforms and separate local and smb file access.
The change in application.cpp you suggested is wrong as it again would use unc path internally which we don't want. That way an unc path could be forwarded to a dll which might not handle it (but would understand smb paths).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2013-09-15, 14:15)WiSo Wrote: No. I would like to be in line with the other platforms and separate local and smb file access.
The change in application.cpp you suggested is wrong as it again would use unc path internally which we don't want. That way an unc path could be forwarded to a dll which might not handle it (but would understand smb paths).

Clear! It is a nasty, nasty problem and I trying to help the team to solve the problem, so is it an id to merge the SMB code to the HD code so that we only have to maintain one library?
As said I'm happy for every help but I don't like approaches which seems to hide the bug but not solve it. As already said I don't want to merge hd and SMb code together. What's wrong with the ideas I gave you in the previous posts?
And yes I want this solved but not at any price given that not many suffer from this bug.
(2013-09-15, 17:27)WiSo Wrote: As said I'm happy for every help but I don't like approaches which seems to hide the bug but not solve it. As already said I don't want to merge hd and SMb code together. What's wrong with the ideas I gave you in the previous posts?
And yes I want this solved but not at any price given that not many suffer from this bug.

N(o) P(roblem)! https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3267 is a very nice solution which I will test with the appdata redirect. It is now clear for how you want it and that is why I asked you those questions to make it clear for myself Wink
(2013-09-07, 09:06)Skixbmc Wrote: @WiSo

Small steps Wink I think that we can change in application.cpp line 1206 to CStdString strWin32UserFolder = CWIN32Util::SmbToUnc(CWIN32Util::GetProfilePath()); for the appdata redirect bug
The long path support will take a little bit longer, is it an id to use for Windows WINFileSMB instead of HDFile?

Skixbmc, is it related somehow to thread topic?
Sadly though, the loading of DLLs and add-ons as problems in the POC.
But to update the monolog, the webserver is working, next step is the loading of the environments for the dll which seem to been changed in VS2012
Offtopic

Update:
@WiSo and/or Karlson2k I've create a commit for the WIN32Exception to support UNC see https://github.com/Skixbmc/xbmc/commit/7...224693e7ba Is that good for you or any comments?
(2013-09-16, 10:45)Skixbmc Wrote: Offtopic

@WiSo and/or Karlson2k I've create a commit for the WIN32Exception to support UNC see https://github.com/Skixbmc/xbmc/commit/c...64453d287d Is that good for you or any comments?

CStdString is supposed to die real soon so there's no point in starting using it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-16, 10:50)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-16, 10:45)Skixbmc Wrote: Offtopic

@WiSo and/or Karlson2k I've create a commit for the WIN32Exception to support UNC see https://github.com/Skixbmc/xbmc/commit/c...64453d287d Is that good for you or any comments?

CStdString is supposed to die real soon so there's no point in starting using it.

Uhh,

I created a new commit without the CStdstring https://github.com/Skixbmc/xbmc/commit/7...224693e7ba Wink
Looks good.
Skixbmc, let's keep on topic.
You can start another thread with UNC problems.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win32 x64 XBMC x64 port - work in progress5