Help with long "Working....Please wait!" when accessing SMB share
(2020-09-14, 13:11)scv1 Wrote: Did you add the Win10 share as a network place in Kodi, or just try to connect via Add Source?  I had the similar behavior with my Windows 2016 server at first trying to just add each share as a source directly.  When I added as a network place, the wait has disappeared for the most part.

So many replies! Thanks all!

To try and answer all the questions in one reply:
  • No debug log setup yet - ill look into this when I have some spare time
  • I am comfortable with Ubuntu - and have added NFS shares on windows before but never hosted a NFS share - ill give Ubuntu and NFS a go if other fixes dont work
  • I added the share by going videos --> Add source --> SMB - not sure on how to add the share as "a network place" that scv1 has mentioned. How do I do that?
  • Kodi is hosted on the smart TV (running linux) not sure it's storage type but I assume its flash/ssd and that is where the library should be too.
  • Dont think my issue is the same as yours brazen1 - the wait time is only when going from home menu to the source - browsing the library and launching movies etc have no delay. regardless of which movie is picked (therefore regardless of which HDD the movie is on)

As the NAS is running win10 and is right next to the TV - I think I will install kodi on it and plug the TV to it via HDMI and add the source as a local drive to see if there is any changes.

If there is improvement my guess it is the OS / share type that is the issue?

Thanks again all!
(2020-09-17, 08:02)begadabutcher Wrote: I added the share by going videos --> Add source --> SMB - not sure on how to add the share as "a network place" that scv1 has mentioned. How do I do that?
SMB (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with long "Working....Please wait!" when accessing SMB share0