Win XBMC plays video just fine... Won't play music
Since I've set up this install of XBMC 11.0 "Eden" my music files have no been playing for I'm not sure what reason, I did setup XBMC to use an external player for movies, and have had it setup that way in the past, but for some odd reason music just wont play. Movies are no problem on the otherhand. Here is my xbmc log file, any and all help would be appreciated, it hasnt been the same not being able to play music through xbmc =/

http://pastebin.com/S3CRHHcW
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please post your modified playercorefactory.xml file as well. Thanks.
(2012-11-14, 20:33)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please post your modified playercorefactory.xml file as well. Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/UKTZCXNQ
it says the file does not exist - are you sure your pathes in your music db are correct?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Your playercorefactory.xml is all messed up. You have a blank line before the XML declaration, which may(?) cause problems, plus you have extraneous characters in front of several tags. Get rid of your existing content and copy and paste the following into your playercorefactory.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="MPC-HC">
      <filename>E:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule player="MPC-HC" filename=".*1080p.*" filetypes="mkv"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2012-11-15, 00:51)Memphiz Wrote: it says the file does not exist - are you sure your pathes in your music db are correct?

The file locations are correct.

(2012-11-15, 01:57)artrafael Wrote: Your playercorefactory.xml is all messed up. You have a blank line before the XML declaration, which may(?) cause problems, plus you have extraneous characters in front of several tags. Get rid of your existing content and copy and paste the following into your playercorefactory.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="MPC-HC">
      <filename>E:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule player="MPC-HC" filename=".*1080p.*" filetypes="mkv"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I updated my playercorefacory.xml to this and still am unable to play any music Sad i figured it was this file giving me problems as well, but changing the code seems to have no effect.
I misread your initial post and thought you were using an external player for both video and music. Upon rereading (and your playercorefactory.xml confirms this), you are only using an external player for videos. Sorry for the misdirection.
WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(audiodefaultplayer): no such core: paplayer

mhhh could you move a way the playercorefactory and check if this gets you going?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-11-16, 00:01)artrafael Wrote: I misread your initial post and thought you were using an external player for both video and music. Upon rereading (and your playercorefactory.xml confirms this), you are only using an external player for videos. Sorry for the misdirection.

No problem, I'm just glad I'm getting some help!

(2012-11-16, 00:11)Memphiz Wrote: WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(audiodefaultplayer): no such core: paplayer

mhhh could you move a way the playercorefactory and check if this gets you going?

I just tried this again (tried it before my OP but to no avail) When I move the playercorefactory.xml out of the folder, nothing changes except that movies won't play either, i select them and I just hear the little sound effect for it and nothing happens. When I select a music track it comes back with "Track failed to play check the log for details".

I think a full re-install may be on the horizon =/
So........................ i've looked into a bit more and I think the culprit maybe this - 18:37:15 T:3156 ERROR: Error creating player for item musicdb://3/517/5692.mp3 (File doesn't exist?) - Can anyone tell me why xbmc is looking for that kind of path? shouldnt it be my local HDD path and not that?
Looks like it's trying to play it from your music database but is not able to find the referenced file? Have you tried playing from the Music > Files view rather than through one of the library views? If playing the actual files work, then try cleaning your music library to see if this corrects the problem with obsolete/invalid/or-otherwise-messed-up paths: System/Settings > Music > Library > Clean library...
I ran into this problem today.

It effected playback from all music sources ('Net, local, optical drive) so I started removing all music add-ons but the problem persisted.

Ran a library fix, but that didn't work.

I tested music playback in a Gnome Shell session and it worked fine.

I had the visualisation set to GOOM. When I disabled visualisations the music started playing again.

I have tested waveforms, Open GL Spectrum and projectM visualisations, which all work.

Dunno where else to post this.

Cheers,
Bert

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC plays video just fine... Won't play music0