How to move mySQL setup from Eden to Frodo?
Trying to share the db file between clients will likely corrupt the file. I wouldn't bother with it. Art images are tiny, and unless you're adding hundreds of movies a day, you will never notice the impact of each XBMC client downloading the image.
So I've been following the instructions here and playing around with the way RC3 handles art and I noticed something that seems wrong. Previously I'd been using a common thumbnail cache synced over dropbox between machines. Following the instructions here I setup my main box, removed the path substitution and then did the same on my secondary boxes. Everything seems to work fine on the masterprofile for all machines (although I don't think I have any fanart.png's on that profile, so I can't say for sure).

However, when I use my secondary profile a few things happen. First off, when scanning, none of my fanart.pngs are found. If I remove the movie from the library and then do an update, fanart.jpg is found just fine. It even works if I just change the extension from .png to .jpg without resaving. If I manually set the fanart I can choose the local fanart.png and everything works, but it doesn't happen automatically.

Secondly, after the initial scan, whenever I put fanart.jpg or fanart.png into a folder, it doesn't notice automatically. This works wonderfully on the masterprofile, but not on the secondary and I have no idea why that is.

Edit: I might've spoken too soon about the masterprofile. TV Shows seem to automatically pick up new files, but the movies aren't necessarily noticing a new .tbn or -fanart.jpg file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to move mySQL setup from Eden to Frodo?0