Win Most TV shows do not appear in library after much troubleshooting
I run Eden on Windows 7 64-bit with WHS 2011 storing my media and TheTVDB.com as my scraper. I can't get my TV shows to reliably load into the library though they all appear in file mode. For every library update I start, the little "scanning..." window in the upper-right pops up for only moment before disappearing. One time (after deleting my videos database) it scraped my first two TV series, then inexplicably stopped. All my music appears perfectly.

I've read relevant threads and documentation. All media successfully appeared in the library of a previous installation. I've confirmed media file/folder names are correct. I turned off automatic scans/cleans to avoid the situation where Windows libraries are cleaned (removed) if remote servers happen to be offline during that process. I've set content to "none" and then back to TV Shows. I've also removed the source, deleted my videos database, and re-added source, to try to start over. No fixes.

Here's my debug log (sorry I don't know what to look for) http://pastebin.com/Br6Yyeym

I unfortunately only know enough about this to be dangerous. I did have Eden running on another Windows 7 system, streaming from the same server, and everything worked perfectly -- all media was accessible.

Would appreciate any advice -- hoping i don't have to reinstall. Thanks very much for developing such great open software.
1. Do the tvshows themselves get listed, but just no episodes?
2. Have you "set content" on the tvshows folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-16, 02:33)jmarshall Wrote: 1. Do the tvshows themselves get listed, but just no episodes?
2. Have you "set content" on the tvshows folder?

1. No, neither the TV Shows nor the Episodes get listed (nothing appears in TV library).

2. Yes, I set content on the TV Shows folder.

Thanks for the response! Was that debug log helpful -- I don't know if I even captured the problematic events.
First step is getting the TV Shows listed. Do the following:

1. Turn on Debug Log.
2. Set content on the TV Shows folder to "None". Say "yes" when prompted to clean stuff out.
3. Set content on the TV Shows folder to "TV Shows" and select the tvdb scraper. Leave all settings default.
4. Say Yes when prompted to refresh items.
5. Grab the Debug Log and pastebin it, linking from here.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-11-18, 00:49)jmarshall Wrote: First step is getting the TV Shows listed. Do the following:

1. Turn on debug log.
2. Set content on the TV Shows folder to "None". Say "yes" when prompted to clean stuff out.
3. Set content on the TV Shows folder to "TV Shows" and select the tvdb scraper. Leave all settings default.
4. Say Yes when prompted to refresh items.
5. Grab the debug log and pastebin it, linking from here.

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/eVPVw6vA

Thanks again!
What is contained inside: //HOME-SERVER/VIDEOS/

What happens when you browse it?

Also, please, use smb:// URLs for smb shares.

Wow. Browsing to the folder and adding as SMB location fixed it! (I had added that server address directly on my last install and it worked.) Thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most TV shows do not appear in library after much troubleshooting0