another IMON & harmony ir question
i have done a search to this question and yes i do know, that there are a lot of threads relating to the IMON ir and lcd/vdd.

from what i have read, none of them are for the ubuntu 12.10 build....now....im new to the hole Linux OS and i am slowly learning a few things or two. but im not sure if these older threads that i have read are compatible with ubuntu 12.10? basically, i dont want to waste my time trying to figure out what to do, only to find out later, that it's not compatible.

cutting to the chase....i have a Silverstone LC16M case that has the IMON VFD (two line) and that god awfull remote. which i replaced with a Harmony 300 universal remote, for when i was using windows as an OS. on silverstone's website, they do have a link to a linux driver. but that website was last updated in April 2005....so has it a guess, that driver etc. is a bit out of date.

so is there an easy to follow, up to date (unbuntu 12.10) guide out there to get the VFD display working again and more importantly, to get the remote to work with xbmc?
***BUMP***
can anyone help me ??

just to let you all know, i have since found out (after creating my original post), my Silverstone LC16M case has a "SoundGraph Imon IR/VFD 15c2:0036". i have tried a few methods but they all turned out to be either too old for my version of ubunto or the driver was for the 15c2:0038 and will not work Sad
Hello oldgit9, for the remote have you already tried this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145488, perhaps LIRC configuration does offer the 0036 for Linux Input Layer on your system?
(2012-11-30, 14:16)gokudo Wrote: Hello oldgit9, for the remote have you already tried this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145488, perhaps LIRC configuration does offer the 0036 for Linux Input Layer on your system?
thanks for the reply gokudo and im sorry for my late responce. been working away from home.

i have tried the "How-To" before and it didnt work Sad but i thought i'll give it another go. but yet again, it didnt work for me again Sad

i cant get passed the first step. this is the error i keep on getting after typing : "sudo apt-get install ir-keymap"
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ir-keymap

i think im going to do a fresh OS install. as i am now unsure (cant remember) what i've done in the past. so there might be an issue with some file/s around the OS. im currently looking for a ubuntu build that has successfully got the "SoundGraph Imon IR/VFD 15c2:0036" to work.

at the moment, i will settle for just the remote to work. im not too fussed with the display or the buttons on the front of the case. i just need the remote to work.
It's ir-keytable.....
Good luck, just got mine to work.

Here is what I did:
. Install ir-keytable and check if the PC receives signals with sudo ir-keytable -t
. If it's working install Lirc and use the remote aus linux-devinput-device
. Make a Lircmap.xml and a remote.xml

If it's not working check that the correct keytable file is loaded into ir-keytable... The right one for me was in /lib/udev/rc keymaps/imon_pad
I copied it to /etc/rc_keymaps/ and edited /etc/rc.local to load it at boot.
Write this into rc.local just before the "exit0": /usr/bin/ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad

Reboot

If you have Lirc installed, ir-keytable -t is not working, use" irw" instead to check for remote signals...

Hope I remember everything correctly, I am in holidays right now and don't have my pc with me.

Lots of tutorials out there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
another IMON & harmony ir question0