4theRecord Client not working with XBMC
I have 4theRecord Backend setup on one computer and it works fine in that computer's XBMC. I have a second computer setup as a 4TR client. I am able to open the 4TR Management Console on the second computer and see all EPG data and view channels. However in XBMC on the second computer I cannot get Live TV to work. I have set the backend IP address and set the default web services port. I have tried ever possible Windows user name I can think of. Nothing will actually load EPG data or any channels.

Does anyone else have a 4TR client that works in XBMC? What am I missing. I have opened the web services port in my router, and also ensured both XBMC and FTR are not blocked by windows firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
working fine for me, but note that you have to use pathes for your timeshift buffer and recordings that can also be accessed from your remote clients (so best is to use the UNC path there - working for me). And depending on your server OS, you have to create a windows user account in order to access the network shares (f.e. on Windows7 - I at least had to).
Hi kamalman,

what kind of message do your get when you hit "Live TV"? Something like "No PVR Client ist started"?
Then I have the same issue here: worked perfectly with the bundled setup as per 30.7.2012 by margro etc.
Now, installing XBMC and then the latest ForTheRecord PVR Client, it simply doesn't start up...

GReetz - Christoph

da-anda, can you describe how to install using eg XBMC Frodo Beta 1 - and then? Which steps? (W7 here)

(2012-11-16, 05:44)kamalman Wrote: I have 4theRecord Backend setup on one computer and it works fine in that computer's XBMC. I have a second computer setup as a 4TR client. I am able to open the 4TR Management Console on the second computer and see all EPG data and view channels. However in XBMC on the second computer I cannot get Live TV to work. I have set the backend IP address and set the default web services port. I have tried ever possible Windows user name I can think of. Nothing will actually load EPG data or any channels.

Does anyone else have a 4TR client that works in XBMC? What am I missing. I have opened the web services port in my router, and also ensured both XBMC and FTR are not blocked by windows firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
I too had ftr working well for a few weeks, and installed Frodo beta 1 and channels wont display. I suspect will need to install argustv, instead of ftr. the dev website changed oct/nov I think, and I noticed the forum has changed names also to ftr/argustv.

I will attempt to install argustv and report back.

Dam0
Dear Dam0

some information about Frodo Beta 1 and Argus TV coming up unfortunately nearly in the same time.
Am one of the Argus TV /FTR Mods and using Frodo with Argus PVR Client.

The quite sudden step from FTR to Argus meant to the developer's team of the PVR Client a huge challenge and they reacted within a day or so (thanks!)

There ARE issues with the builds as of November 20th with the EPG view from within XBMC Frodo, but they're working on it.

For now, you should do the following:
- Make sure, ARGUS TV 2.0.1 is installed (2.0 is not supported by the ARGUS PVR Client, only by the FTR Argus Client)
- Get the LATEST nightly of XBMC Frodo under http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/ (the Beta 1 creates a bit of a trouble with Argus PVR Client)
- Get the latest Argus PVR Client under http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc/xbmcpvr.html

Please take a close look at the remarks on the latter site - the PVR add-ons need usually LATEST versions of the nightlies (at least same or newer date as/than the PVR Client).
And remember - you're using a BETA of Frodo. As we could experience from Eden, this has usually the /DEBUG compiler switch on and as such has much more timing issues with real-time or streaming processing - this will be as of a sudden eliminated later.
Means: your system is with those betas right now quite "loaded".

Keep it up, get it run, it IS possible - and you'll be happy to experience buffering and timeshift with the newest versions under XBMC.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4theRecord Client not working with XBMC0