Delete TV Episode after watching?
More questions.. Thanks for all the help so far. These keep coming up as I dig deeper into getting it to work for me.

We use our system as more of a DVR. After we watch a show, could be both at the same time but usually we watch them separately, we're used to clicking delete (in Mediabrowser) and poof, the episode goes away.

Is there any kind of key or delete button that I can click to delete a file off the hard drive?

Thanks

Josh
You'd have to enable "allow file renaming and deletion" in System --> Appearance --> File Lists

And then use the context menu on a highlighted video to remove from the library. You'll have a confirmation dialog to go through before deletion. I also believe "delete" on the keyboard will do it also, after enabling the setting above.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks.. Now I just need to figure out how to get the context menu to pop up with the remote
(2012-11-17, 04:49)JoshFink1 Wrote: Thanks.. Now I just need to figure out how to get the context menu to pop up with the remote

Depending on your remote, you might be able to simply map a key in your keyboard.xml (wiki) file placed in the userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory:
Code:
<keymaps>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-remote-button>ContextMenu</some-remote-button>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymaps>
Thanks
(2012-11-17, 05:01)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-11-17, 04:49)JoshFink1 Wrote: Thanks.. Now I just need to figure out how to get the context menu to pop up with the remote

Depending on your remote, you might be able to simply map a key in your keyboard.xml (wiki) file placed in the userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory:
Code:
<keymaps>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-remote-button>ContextMenu</some-remote-button>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymaps>

Hello ...
Is there a way to know the name of the <some-remote-button> on a TV remote activated with CEC on rapberry pi ?

Thanks

(2012-11-21, 16:30)mardup Wrote: Hello ...
Is there a way to know the name of the <some-remote-button> on a TV remote activated with CEC on rapberry pi ?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that. The only thing I can suggest is to enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, press the desired button on your remote several times and then examine your xbmc.log immediately to see how XBMC identifies that button's keypresses. You can then use that button name in your keyboard.xml (wiki) to map it to the desired function. Hopefully, that will work with your setup.

Ok, I will try your tip...
I think is a good idea
Thanks for your answer
Any chance of adding the symplicity skin feature that would ask you after you're done watching if you wanted to delete the episode you were watching? The default in the skin would be to never ask you to delete, but it could be enabled on a per-show basis and of course there would be a confirmation for delete.

Going through file menus look for context menus to then choose "remove from library" is quite a few steps for such an otherwise easy task.

Thoughts?
As far as I'm concerned thats not going in the skin. imo this would be an xbmc core addition and should not be done through skin hacks.
(2012-12-02, 17:38)Big_Noid Wrote: As far as I'm concerned thats not going in the skin. imo this would be an xbmc core addition and should not be done through skin hacks.

..or at least by a script. skins cannot remove an episode reiliably after playing it.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I think the developers of xbmc have said repeatedly that they are not in favor of adding the delete function to the xbmc core, so I guess it won't happen. Just thought I'd ask because the description in simplicity looked great, but it's no longer working with frodo. Thanks though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete TV Episode after watching?0