EyeTv Netstream Support?
Easy question, can't seem to find much in the forums, does xbmc have a PVR client addon to support the Eyetv Netstream DTT from Elgato?

cheers
I'm here looking for the same info... been digging through MythTV forums/mailing lists without any luck... EyeTV Netsream DTT with XBMC on OSX would be awesome... would love to be able to ditch the EyeTV software...

Smile
Not that I know of, but we might be getting an EyeTV PVR client add-on post-Frodo.

It's very possible that, like most EyeTV/Elgato hardware, it's just rebranded hardware that someone else sells using some kind of standard.
has there been any developments with the EyeTV PVR Client add on?
any news on it? got an el gato netstream box but cannot find a solution to connect it to xbmc.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
I have a fairly clunky workaround for Android devices which works reasonably well (from memory!)...

1. Tune your Elgato Netstream in (ensure it has channels populated/stored on the device)
2. Log into your Netstream
3. Download the M3U playlist (this stores the channel information)
4. Download a free app from Google Play called 'HeyTV'
5. Copy Netstream M3U file to android device
6. Load HeyTV and update Netstream M3U file
7. You can either watch the channels now through HeyTV or go back to XBMC and use the app launcher which you can then access HeyTv with and when you quit - it quits back into XBMC

For all other devices I guess someone just needs to develop an app or plugin like HeyTV - something capable of using M3U playlists...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...eytv&hl=en
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
Hi,

is there anything going on with an xbmc pvr-client-addon for Elgatos Netstream ?

One step is the "xbmc-addon-iptvsimple", which allows to receive TV from the Netstream. But this is only Live-TV, there is no support for recording. From my understanding, there is a backend missing, that does all this like epg, timer management, recording and so on. This backend should be the server to whom the xbmc pvr addon connects.

Its a pity that this does not exist, because that would allow to have a mini XBMC box without receiver like NUC....

regards,
Berniejonnie
as far as i know, no.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EyeTv Netstream Support?2