Refreshing all movies.
I would like to refresh the info for all my movies but I have one issue that stops me from just removing the sources and re-adding them. The problem is quite a few had to be over ridden to match up with the correct IMDB info. A few for some reason would get the video games info and not the movie and some others would just be the wrong movie because of similar names in the same year.

The reason I want to do this is because most info was scrapped at a time that doesn't give me the set info which I have just got into wanting. Also most of my over 700 movies got scrapped at a time the scraper was broken and didn't get ratings info.

Any ideas on a easier way then editing the exported nfo files to remove everything except the IMDB id which is the only way I can think of to assure all movies get scrapped as the right ones again.
Extremely hard question you've raised as you don't want all data replaced.

Might I suggest exporting your library so nfo's and images are placed with your movies, and using an external program, like Media Companion, to edit, rescrape the relevant movies.

This would allow you to keep the Sets, clean out your library completely, as well as allow you more control over what posters/fanart etc is allocated to each movie/Set.

Hope this helps.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I think I figured out a way to get it to work like I want enough to re-scrape the right info for overridden movies. Because I run Linux exclusively in my house I can't use Media Companion and since I use nightly builds of XBMC I can't even use XWMM

My idea is to make a bash script the recursively finds and .nfo files then grep for the <id> tag and pipe that to sed which would fix it up to a full imdb url and then overwrite the original nfo so it is nothing but the imdb url. That will force the movies I manually specified to get the same IMDB entry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refreshing all movies.0