Local image support
Hello all,

I upgraded today to frodo beta 1 today, and I can not get my images to display. I have everything stored locally using the filename.tbn. I have run artwork downloader to try to update images using the use local files, and nothing. I have removed the textures13.db and rescanned. I have removed the library and readded. I just can't seem to figure this out? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Not sure but it could be the .tbn extension. Tried .jpg?
Yeah I just tried it. No luck.

Just for my own sanity... If my movie is stored as a video_ts of "the machinist" then the same rules apply as Eden? The poster image would be "video_ts.tbn"?
I am very confused because I am not getting my clear arts, logos, fanart, posters, or discs. I am getting the .nfo though.
No. VIDEO_TS files should have thumbs in the parent folder.

i.e. Movies/Die Hard/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO uses Movies/Die Hard/folder.jpg etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wink 
Okay so I tried the folder.jpg to no avail. I have tried poster.jpg, as stated in the FAQ and no good either. I had no issues with Eden, so am assuming this error is something with Frodo. I have attached my log here: My Log I really do not know how to read these things, but I am seeing alot of errors. Any idea what is going on here? I am runnning windows 7, with Frodo beta 1 and Aeon Nox, but Confluence gives me the same issues.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully someone can help me sort my issues Smile
There was a bug that was just fixed in master:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/584f...58723efe20

Tonights nightly will be B1 + a bunch of fixes if you want to play with that.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Okay so I finally got my art to come back using the folder.jpg in the directory like you mentioned. However I am going to have to redo all of my artwork. Because i will be putting all extra work in to get it right, I would like to only have to do it once. Is there a correct method for local artwork that is new for frodo? I read in the wiki that we should use poster.(jpg/png). I have also read somewhere that you can use movie.tbn? Basically the question is, which is the best practice for local image storage?

Again thanks for all the help!
Best practice is in the FAQ for Frodo in the wiki.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local image support0