• 6(current)
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ
(2012-12-16, 22:41)kieranappletv1 Wrote: Hi there appolgies if this has already being covered but I have just purchased an apple tv 1st gen which has xbmc 11.0 Eden running on it can it be upgraded to 12.0 frodo ie is the 1st gen compatable thanks

Kieran

Yes, if you install OpenELEC (wiki) on the ATV1. Crystalbuntu (wiki) will also be an option in the future for Frodo (right now it only has Eden).
the xbmc packages in our ppa(s) have crystalHD enabled too, but at least I cannot test it,
Once Frodo goes into final production, will it be an easy update from RC? Or, will a reinstall be required?
It's in the Frodo FAQ (wiki)...
Ah.. I missed that.. Thank you
No worries :)
After installing the new frodo version, the audio/video is stuttering, infact moving the cursor too is having a hard time. Am i missing out something?
I may be missing it, but I searched the FAQ and the Wiki. I have my Harmony remote setup to update the library (sending the U key), but now when I press it, it says there are no PVR clients available.

Did the key mappings change in Frodo? If updating the library is not U anymore, which key is it?
I update xbmc from v11 to v12 today and I lost all my thumbnails for Movies? but for TV SHOWS is fine.
How can I fix it?

Thanks
So I've avoided using a SQL database for my two XBMC devices because last time I tried it in version 10 thumbnails were all screwed up. I'm looking to try it again with Frodo, but is there anything different to setting it up now? Or can I just install it and set it up like last time?
Things have changed. Mainly that you do not create the MySQL DB ahead of time. Follow the steps on this page: MySQL (wiki)
(2012-11-22, 17:47)getafix Wrote: To upgrade from Eden to Frodo, must I uninstall Eden firtst or can I install over?

Also, I am running Mysql for a centralized database, will anything need to be changed there?

Thanks

This thread is about changes that need to be made to the FAQ page on the wiki, as you can see by reading the first post with the enormous link that goes there.
Your questions are answered in the FAQ paragraphs 1.3 and 1.5.
(2013-02-20, 11:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Things have changed. Mainly that you do not create the MySQL DB ahead of time. Follow the steps on this page: MySQL (wiki)

Excellent.

So I'm completely reinstalling from scratch for this update. I'm doing some Spring cleaning on my media libraries, updating to Frodo, and moving to a unified MySQL library so I figured why not start fresh? I have MySQL installed on my media server, tables created, and Frodo installed fresh on my HTPC.

Should I:
A.) Create my libraries locally THEN move them to MySQL or
B.) Point this new install to my media server's MySQL and THEN set up/scan my libraries

Does it make a difference?
B
ok im not that clever,,I got someone to install Fredo on my ATV2.
and am really pleased with the change from Eden..
it seems very sturdy if thats the word....
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ1