Frodo Beta 1 Playlists query
In the current live release, when creating a TV Show smart playlist, you could amend the playlist or add new items to it using the TV Series title and could get it to display a browse list of TV Series names to choose from.

I notice now that the Title doesn't seem to be one of the fields that the "browse" option is available on and that you have to manually type in the series title.

I might be missing something here but perhaps you could advise me if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Correct. I'm guessing the reason is that the config is across the board, and if we had "title" as a browseable item for 25k songs...

It is browseable if you're doing an episodes smartplaylist (the tvshow title that is).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks; a shame.

Unfortunately, if you do an episodes smart playlist, you just get a list of episodes for all series listed together.

I had previously created a smart playlist of "current shows" and went through using the browse facility to select manually each show that is currently being broadcast to make my list up.

That particular playlist doesn't work now in Frodo as it shows everything so it looks like I will have to manually create the list from scratch by typing in the names.

This is not the same as the default "shows in progress" (I think it is called) playlist which I believe shows any shows that you have started watching.

You might, of course have a suggestion for another way to generate the playlist or achieve my aim; I have tried to pickup the TV show status ignoring the status of "Ended" but I can't seem to get that to work.
I probably accidentally removed that when I re-organized smartplaylists. As the user is able to also type if there's a browsable field we should be able to add that functionality back. If the user opens the browse dialog on "song title" he'll just have to wait a while Wink I'll see what I can do.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-11-19, 15:02)Montellese Wrote: I probably accidentally removed that when I re-organized smartplaylists. As the user is able to also type if there's a browsable field we should be able to add that functionality back. If the user opens the browse dialog on "song title" he'll just have to wait a while Wink I'll see what I can do.

Absolutely fantastic!
Should be possible again after https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2b74...ff690aecb9 (wait for today's nightly build).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have downloaded the 30 November nightly build to try out the playlists again.

I ran some playlists that were working fine in Eden.

Unfortunately they still don't work. The following playlist is a TV Show one but when you run it, it lists all shows not just the ones in the playlist.

I did go in and try and edit the playlist within the GUI and when I edit the TV Show name, the "Title" field is already selected and there doesn't seem to be an option to choose "TV Show" as the field you wish to filter on.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Brenda</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">
<value>Dancing With the Stars</value>
</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">
<value>The Amazing Race</value>
</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">
<value>Glee</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

I have a couple of other similar Playlists which have the same symptom.

Yeah for tvshows playlists the field of the rule should be "title" and not "tvshow".
I edited all the field names in the playlists using Notepad and then opened them in xbmc and they worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta 1 Playlists query0