Samsung N220 Broadcom BCM70015 CrystalHD stuttering video with XBMC.
Hello

I have a Samsung N220 with Broadcom BCM70015 CrystalHD decoder, and while SD and HD content play perfectly with other players, playback with XBMC is choppy, bringing video stutters every few seconds. When I disable 'Allow hardward acceleration (CrystalHD)' option, the video in XBMC plays perfectly, but then off course I am not making use of the CrystalHD decoder, so a larger amount of CPU is being used, which of course I won't to avoid it kills battery life quicker.

Any idea's how this can be resolved please?

Thank you
I'm having the same problem, even with frodo beta3. I'm using a samsung nc10 with a Broadcom BCM70015 CrystalHD decoder. The only way, which is not ideal, I found round it was to use media player classic to playback my media from xbmc. I only use it for HD videos. To do this I edited the playcorefactory.xml in .....\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /play /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*1080p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="mp4" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="mp4" filename=".*1080p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="m4v" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="m4v" filename=".*1080p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" filename=".*1080p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Thanks Kadarx, I'll have to give that a try.

Has anyone else resolved this issue permanently? I searched for an answer ever since I first purchased this netbook in 2011 but still haven't resolved issue. This problem really bugs me as I like to use XBMC for all my media but for any HD vid's I can only currently use XBMC as a merge catalog to browse films and then close XBMC and watch in KMPlayer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung N220 Broadcom BCM70015 CrystalHD stuttering video with XBMC.0