Win Buffering issues when viewing
I'm relatively new to XBMC so please bear with me. Confused

I'm running XBMC on a 64 bit Dell E5800 @ 3.2GHZ with 3gb of ram. My video card and sound card are the default ones that came with the computer I bought about a year ago. The computer has an HDMI out that I use to watch XBMC on my big screen.

The problem is, when watching certain movies (usually MKV files), XBMC will buffer, then quit out to the main menu at the exact same point during the movie. This does not happen once. It happens at several points during the movie(s) like clockwork. It will always buffer/quit at the same points during a movie.

At first I thought it was the movie(s), but it seems to happen too frequently and during different movies to be the movie files. This happened using the latest version of Eden, and the latest version of Frodo. Here is the complete log file from Frodo.

I'm not really able to look at the log file and tell exactly what's happening. Hoping someone can help pinpoint the issue.

I would really appreciate some assistance with this. Thanks. Undecided
46 views and not a peep??
Sunday morning, devs sleep in... and yesterday they were watching the Santa parade and shopping, you know real life stuff.

Quote:quit out to the main menu at the exact same point

ERROR: ffmpeg[179C]: [mpeg4] ac-tex damaged at 30 9
Smacks of a corrupt file, or one that has been encoded in such a way as not to be too compatible.
Some standalone players have more error tolerance than XBMC but from my point of view a corrupt file is a corrupt file...Replace it with a fresh file.
Question becomes .. how did the file get corrupt?

Usually onboard gfx are under-powered and shared gfx memory and can be the source of consternation (that may not be the case) but you might try without DVXA2 to see if that might help if the hardware is overwhelmed. Keyboard 'o' will bring some of the diag to the OSD while watching so you can see bottlenecks. I'll bet you never have problems with .AVI files unless they're corrupt.

(2012-11-19, 16:57)PatK Wrote: Keyboard 'o' will bring some of the diag to the OSD while watching so you can see bottlenecks. I'll bet you never have problems with .AVI files unless they're corrupt.

Thanks and correct. I don't typically have issues with .avi files.

Should I consider investing in a video card?
True-fully... I would consider a standalone box, for the $ you put into a graphic card these days and the reviews... Intel is going to make gfx cards obsolete for all but avid gamers. Check the hardware forums, and look into Pivos Xios, or some of the other boxes.. that way your present PC can still do the things you want it for without holding up the show. I hate spending $ on black holes.
Yeah, thanks for the advice. I just said (to myself) yesterday that I want to get sort of a home media server. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues when viewing0