XBMC on the New Blackberrys
I just wanted to let you guys know, that version 2.0 has been submitted to BB App World for review yesterday.

It's a huge release and comes with a lot of new features:
  • completely redesigned user interface - including bigger buttons
  • playlist support
  • hardware keys (volume, play/pause) now work - even when the display is off
  • "Active Frame" showing the current media even when minified
  • searchable list

It's a free update for all customers and should be available next week - hopefully.

Basic functionality can be seen in this video (shot using a Q10 QWERTY device simulator): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVfYHrgtMPM and some new screenshots are also on http://xrmt.net

Let me know what you think once you've updated!
Awesome app. Only request is to allow banners for the show listing. Fanart would take this app to the next level. Aside from that, it is fast, accurate, intuitive. Awesome! Keep up the great work.
I must confess, i did not read the whole thread, so not sure if this has been mentioned.

I side loaded the official android XBMC remote on my wifes BB Z10, and it works wonderfully, no problems.

So, if this has not been mentioned, OP, let me know, and I will post you the guide, was very easy
(2013-04-08, 15:39)endlesslyonline Wrote: I must confess, i did not read the whole thread, so not sure if this has been mentioned.

I side loaded the official android XBMC on my wifes BB Z10, and it works wonderfully, no problems.

So, if this has not been mentioned, OP, let me know, and I will post you the guide, was very easy

Are you talking about the XBMC remote or did you actually get XBMC running on a Z10? (If the latter, that would be huge news!).
nope, just the remote. Have not tried side loading the XBMC itself, but according to articles that i read, most applications will be able to be side loaded, so it cant hurt to try?

I only now see my emission of the word *remote* in my previous post, sorry for the misleading info Wink will go and edit it
I realize BlackBerry's aren't the most popular phone in the usa but it is very popular in Canada and Europe (literally millions a month) With my new Z10 i would love to have XBMC on it. The XBMC remote app is working great for me
^ Agreed. The Z10 is honestly one of the best phones on the market and the OS is incredibly efficient. As said, millions have one as their personal phone, and even those that have it for business would love XBMC on it, and run it with BB Balance when on business trips etc.

Plus it has a HDMI port on it capable of streaming HD, so can be used to run XBMC on an HDMI TV anywhere!!
Hello Everyone,
Here is a little something I found on the Crackberry Mian Page.

While highlighting a new way to get Android Apps working on BlackBerry ... "Games and apps that didn't run before run buttery smooth now. I tested some games including Stargate Unleashed, GTA3, Candy Crush and they ran up to 60 frames a second with no issues. On the app side one app that stood out that I was able to get running was XBMC. The interface runs amazingly and it handles playback of HD video. Quite frankly these have all run better on my Q10/Z10 than on some of my Android devices. "

Check out the Article, and look at the Main Picture.
http://crackberry.com/android-runtime-bb...-meets-eye
First off, thank you to the XBMC dev team, great job! However I do not understand the animosity and the biased against BlackBerry, are you android fanboy's or iOS sheep? Like seriously the app already runs -without any effort by this team to easily bring the application to another platform - sure there are a few bugs that need to be fixed and we are not asking for a complete rewrite of xbmc into native cascades or C?

Again I appreciate the software that you have developed but the whole attitude of get an android or an iOS just to follow trend is very dictator like.

The BlackBerry app world is one of the fastest growing app markets - you can even charge for the app and people would gladly pay, I am just saying get a basic port working correctly and set up the proceeds from the app to the XBMC's donation coffers and everyone is happy.

The OS on this phone is sensational, don't shoot down something just because it is not mainstream.
This is an open-source project and all the work is done by volunteers, so:
  • There's no "boss" telling others what platforms and/or features they must code for.
  • Somebody has to be interested in doing this (nobody's getting paid, so the only incentive is personal desire)
  • That somebody has to have access to the hardware (nobody's getting paid, so unless that person already has the hardware, there's no incentive to go out and buy it with their own money just for this project).
  • That somebody has to have the programming skills to do it on this platform (and the skills to know if the project is technically feasible or not)
  • That somebody has to have the free time to do it (outside of day job and family responsibilities)
  • That somebody has to have the free time and desire to continue supporting it over time to fix bugs and update it for future versions of XBMC
When all is said and done, the list of potential candidates who may be interested/able to work on this voluntarily is likely close to nil. As already stated, XBMC is open-source, so there's nothing and nobody stopping anyone from taking this project on if they truly wish to do so. Sometimes, if you really want something badly enough, you may just have to do it yourself instead of demanding others do it for you.
Maybe I'll get one after I buy a Zune and Windows RT.

I can use it to post to MySpace about what movies I like to rent at Blockbuster.
Aren't they still making the RT?
(2013-10-10, 01:11)Ned Scott Wrote: Maybe I'll get one after I buy a Zune and Windows RT.

I can use it to post to MySpace about what movies I like to rent at Blockbuster.

Thanks for that! RoflRofl
I had the Z10 and now just bought the Z30. I'm running 10.2.1 OS which runs all android apps. But the APK needs to have a signature, Say from the Play store which XBMC isn't in.

Is it possible to sign the XBMC application for the BB10 guys? There's a thread about it at a Blackberry fan site. I can convert it to a BAR file that Blackberry runs on and add my own signature, it loads fine but the touchscreen response isn't working.

Please don't make me go back to Android.

Thanks
Ya, let's get this signed so it works on bb10
Hdmi out.

The phones are dope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on the New Blackberrys0