IR Repeater in MCE IR Receivers - Will the Repeater work with PC in S3 sleep?
I'm currently setting up an XBMC client in my living room (4th XBMC client in the house and least used screen). It's going to be a re-purposed Dell 4700c SFF P4 with a NVIDIA G100 card handling the hardware decoding and audio output. It will be in a cabinet along with an AVR and will not have IR line-of-site. I'll be using a Harmony 650 IR remote (I've setup other Harmony remotes with XBMC and expect no issues there).

Up until now I've been using an X10 IR repeater which is RF based and it's worked relatively well, but it seems the IR receiver has a somewhat lackluster range... commands from more than 10' only register about 50% of the time... commands from the same distance (and upwards of 20' all the way in the kitchen) with the cabinet door open are 100% reliable.

I've noticed the popular HP MCE IR receivers also have an IR repeater built in along with 1 or 2 IR blasters included. Assuming these would be more reliable than the X10 solution since they are directly wired, I'm thinking of taking advantage of this feature and eliminating the semi-flaky X10 repeater.

My question is, will the HP MCE IR receiver's IR repeater function work with the PC in S3 Sleep? I would assume so since it will still be powered (required to receive an IR command to wake from S3 sleep) but I just wanted to confirm. If it will only serve as an IR repeater when the the PC is completely powered on, this wouldn't work since much of the time the system is used with only the TV and AVR powered on for watching cable TV.

Can anyone confirm the IR repeater will function with the PC in S3 sleep? Thanks in advance!
Anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Repeater in MCE IR Receivers - Will the Repeater work with PC in S3 sleep?0