HTPC for XBMC and League of Legends
Hey guys,

I've spent a couple of days browsing these forums as I intend to build a HTPC for mainly running XMBC in the very near future - everyone deserves a christmas present, right? I would really appreciate your help on setting up a nice configuration that fits my requirements.

Regarding the requirements:
- I would really like it to be as quiet as possible, as it will most likely be placed in the bedroom. I don't mind spending a little extra to ensure that it is truly quiet.
- I don't watch 3D movies, so it doesn't need to be able to play those back
- I would like it to be able to handle some graphically unchallenging games - particularly League of Legends - at the native res of the tv (1080) and preferably with decent quality settings
- Regarding the case, I prefer the micro ATX formfactor, mini is just too ... well... mini really. ATX would be fine too. I really liked the Antec Fusion, but unfortunately those have been discontinued.

My first idea was to base the build on the AMD A8 or even A10 series, if the integrated graphics would suffice. Would that be a viable starting point? If so, would the A8 be enough, or would the A10 be mandatory (I assume LoL on 1080 res will be the most taxing application out of things I would like it to run). Any suggestions regarding a suitable build would be great!

Thanks for your help,
Ebselarius

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC for XBMC and League of Legends0