Req Window position and maintaining aspect ratio when resizing
Another bump for this! Although it is quite fun to try to accurately resize the window to maintain the aspect ratio. Would prefer it to be right by default rather than a game though.
Are these features in Kodi Isengard yet?
I'm using 14.2. It's a bit tedious to move Kodi window to the side every time I watch TV and browse the Web.
Nope. Kodi is a full screen application, so it is doubtful that you will find anyone in the near future who wants to work on this.
(2015-09-01, 09:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Nope. Kodi is a full screen application, so it is doubtful that you will find anyone in the near future who wants to work on this.

Well coming from the dev perspective I really hate, that the window will always popup in front of the code when I compile.
So at least this would be nice for windows.
Just to be clear, I would actually love this feature. I just don't think it will be a common use case, which means it's less likely to attract a dev.
(2015-09-01, 09:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Nope. Kodi is a full screen application, so it is doubtful that you will find anyone in the near future who wants to work on this.

I knew some Java. But my programming skill is rusty now.
What do I need(languages, tools, etc.) to contribute to Kodi software development?
Some C++ ide and some git/github knowledge

And read these links https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ment-links
(2012-11-21, 16:33)davilla Wrote: osx platform does this already.

can anybody point me to the code for this?
especially the place where the window position gets saved
(2015-09-02, 23:02)Razze Wrote:

It's a function of OS X and not Kodi, IIRC. You press shift or something and drag the window, and it maintains the aspect ratio that the window already had. I think. I'm away from my laptop at the moment.
(2015-09-03, 04:16)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 23:02)Razze Wrote:

It's a function of OS X and not Kodi, IIRC. You press shift or something and drag the window, and it maintains the aspect ratio that the window already had. I think. I'm away from my laptop at the moment.

To be honest, I'm mostly interested in the window position and where it's saved to.
@Memphiz or @MrMC (davilla's new name) would be the best people to poke about this, I think. At least for OS X.
(2015-09-01, 17:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Just to be clear, I would actually love this feature. I just don't think it will be a common use case, which means it's less likely to attract a dev.

I disagree. The simple fact is that aspect ratio isn't maintained when resizing a window just seems, for a lack of a better term, jank.
People may not be very vocal about it, but they know it's wrong when they see it happening.
But then, there's been this thread going on for 3 years, so it seems it's a big enough deal. It is to me.
(2015-09-03, 19:44)rd1979 Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 17:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Just to be clear, I would actually love this feature. I just don't think it will be a common use case, which means it's less likely to attract a dev.

I disagree. The simple fact is that aspect ratio isn't maintained when resizing a window just seems, for a lack of a better term, jank.
People may not be very vocal about it, but they know it's wrong when they see it happening.
But then, there's been this thread going on for 3 years, so it seems it's a big enough deal. It is to me.

No, because Kodi supports any aspect ratio that you wish to use. There is no wrong aspect ratio for Kodi. If it wasn't like this then I wouldn't be able to make Kodi 16:9 while it was windowed on my 16:10 screen.

Even then, you can disagree all you want, but Kodi is a full screen application. Windowed modes are an after thought and are not how Kodi is designed to be used. That's a fact. If someone wants to enhance the windowed modes, that's great, but it's not a priority on Team Kodi. It's not how the vast majority of our millions (about 5 million, I think?) of active Kodi installs are used.
Bump +1

Whilst I understand Kodi is built for fullscreen application use, it would be fantastic on Windows to be able to use Shift key to maintain aspect ratio on resize.

Or perhaps have another key available to set aspect ratio to be same as what fullscreen's aspect ratio is. This would allow us to resize, then hit an adjustment button to correct set aspect ratio.

As a power user I'm often pulling out of fullscreen to modify settings, or run tools that rename movie files and place them in the correct directory of my library. Windows's ability to snap applications during drag can cause Kodi to be terrible to use, and as such its a frustration point almost every single day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Window position and maintaining aspect ratio when resizing2