Movies that XBMC cannot identify
Hi, I'm new to XBMC (a former Boxee user) and my XBMC was trying to identify the movie "S.O.B." starring Richard Mulligan ad Julie Andrews. For some reason it can't identify the movie, so I selected "I" from the Movie Detail menu and performed a manual search and it could not find it. I also tried renaming the file to "SOB", and "S O B" and it also couldn't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks so much. I love XBMC.

Dan
dan - just tried this with a 'dummy mkv' file and SOB (1981) and it scraped just fine. I always add the year to the end of all my movies.
Wow, I remember that movie.

I'm guessing XBMC is having a problem with the periods for identifying it as tmdb doesn't have a problem. Try "sob (1981).ext" instead (obviously ext being the extension).

I'd also recommend, for various reasons, to have separate folders for each movie with the file in the folder.

Movies
----->Movie Title (year)
---------->movie.file.avi

edit: as steelman said
This will sound weird, but try putting a space after the final period before the extension, i.e "S.O.B. .ext".

The issue is if there's no spaces, XBMC will then interpret the periods as spaces instead, messing up the search.
Wow, I'm floored that I received this many responses in such a short amount of time! Thank you for all of your suggestions, I will give those a try when I get home tonight and post the results.
Thank you for your suggestions. The winner is Malosar! I renamed my file to "SOB.(1981)" and it found it after I performed an update.

Cheers!
Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies that XBMC cannot identify0